Struggling really hard with the liquid diet! I need encouragement!

dorasvsgjourney
on 11/19/14 11:39 am
VSG on 11/26/14
dorasvsgjourney
on 11/19/14 11:44 am, edited 11/20/14 6:31 am
VSG on 11/26/14

I started on Wednesday 11/12.  It's been hard but mainly because I cannot seem to get all 4 shakes in everyday.  My doctor requires his patients to use New Direction protein powder.  I got Chocolate, Mocha and Vanilla.  I haven't tried the vanilla yet, the mocha is ok in coffee if I only use 1/2 the package, and the chocolate is tolerable if I use 9 oz skim milk and 9 oz water to dilute it. 

WE CAN DO THIS!!!  The hardest part for me is trying to figure out what my family is going to eat.  I'm not really hungry, I just crave food. 

Carolyn W.
on 11/19/14 1:43 pm

This is the worst part of the entire surgery. Not even the pain compares to the pre-op diet. You got this! After surgery, things get SOOOOOOO much easier! I thought I was going to fail after surgery because it was so hard to do the pre-op diet, but it's so much different after surgery. Just keep reminding yourself why you're doing this! 

weeziebeth
on 11/19/14 7:14 pm

You can do this! I am right there with you so WE can do this. I started Tuesday-still have a week and a half to go but so far its not too bad. Anyway, you got this! If you muscled through the first 3 or 4 days of the pre-op diet you can do the same with the last three. blessings and best wishes for your surgery.

E

HW 285 SW 248 CW 218  Surgery date: 12/2/14                 "Life itself is the proper binge." Julia Child      

"Never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.''  Winston Churchill

Lemily
on 11/19/14 9:21 pm
VSG on 01/16/14

You have 5 more days to go until your life totally changes...FOR THE BETTER. Times will be tough, it will be hard, you will cry and question your motives. I can tell you that 10 months later you will feel stronger, you will be happier, you will LOVE your new self and question why you didn't do this sooner. Your confidence will sky rocket.

Stick with it..its worth the fight. For the record...I hate Unjury. Can you use something else? I took one sip of that and threw it away. I now use Isopure zero carb. ask your Surgeon/Nutritionist if there's something else you can use.

Good luck to you!

MsPayne731
on 11/19/14 9:35 pm - Dexter, MI
VSG on 11/25/14

Thank you so much for the encouragement I really appreciate it. I asked my  doctor if I could use something other than Unjury because I really like pre-mixed shakes they just taste better so I purchased a lot of the Premier Protein shakes in Chocolate which I LOVE and asked the doctor if I could use that and they said......NO because the protein in Unjury is of better quality so I am stuck with the unjury. but I officially have 4 days before my life changes so I guess I am going to dig in my heels and make it happen.

37 yo / 5'6 / HW: 325 / CW:215 / GW: 165 /  Surgery 11/25/14 

Lemily
on 11/19/14 9:41 pm
VSG on 01/16/14

Totally right attitude FYI! YOU have to make it happen,..no one else. I was in a mindset - foolish mindset - for a long time that it was someone else's or something else's fault why I was large and not so in charge. hard truth, no one was going to lose the weight except for ME. And the sooner I figured that out, the easier this process went. YOU are in charge...no one else.

Once the weight starts coming off, you will feel better and at that point YOU are in control. So your last line "I officially have 4 days before my life changes..."...your life started to change when you started this process. You are just continuing your transformation. And if you really want this, you will get it and it will all be worth it.

This is the time to be selfish and think about yourself. You WILL make it happen, and everyone will be here to support you along your journey!

BostonJoe
on 11/19/14 11:05 pm

I'll echo the others and say that the pre-surgery diet was the worst part of the whole thing for me. I just tried to think, "I can do anything for two weeks."  Do what you need to do to stay on the diet - complain, cry, pout, whine... whatever. Just stay on it. Once the surgery is over, it'll be so much better.

VSG 8/4/14 

Most Active