Fed Up

C J
on 3/18/15 12:05 am, edited 3/18/15 12:14 am - , TN

Have you ever eliminated sugar from your diet?  If so, how did your cravings change?  Mine changed tremendously!  I believe sugar and other simple carbs are a driving force in the obesity epidemic because of insulin.  Have you seen how the brain reacts to sugar vs cocaine? If not, google it...there is a nice video.   Are you aware that cocaine addicted rats prefered sugar water when they were given a choice between sugar and cocaine?  I TRULY believe the sugar industry is equal to the tobacco industry, and because people are so addictited to it, they will continue to consume it in large quanities.   I am a sonographer, and over the course of my career, I have seen a tremendous rise if fatty liver disease...even in children! I believe fructose is to blame.  We can just agree to disagree on this.  Individuality is necessary :)  As far as Bergamot goes, I love it!  If you want to call it the placebo effect, so be it.  If it works, why does it matter?

Living > Existing

256/231/135

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/18/15 1:00 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Yes, we can agree to disagree: I agree with the scientific community, and you're free not to.

In a lot of ways, the placebo effect can be a good thing, as long as you're OK with wasting money on things with no actual proven benefit. The problem with SOME "placebo effect" in "natural"/alternative/complimentary "medicine" practices is that the treatments may prove harmful, and practitioners may be using unproven remedies instead of science-based medicine that would actually be effective.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

C J
on 3/18/15 4:55 am - , TN

Big Pharma wants you to believe they are the only way.  I refuse to buy it.  I also feel the resume of "Fed Up" is full of people from the "scientific community" as you say.  Sooooooo, which scientific community is correct.....the one you chose to believe, or the one I chose to believe.  The funny thing is, most bariatric surgeons tell their patients not to eat sugar and simple carbs. Are they wrong?  I'm not being obtuse, just curious. 

Living > Existing

256/231/135

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/18/15 5:05 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Pulling the "big pharma" card? Sorry, that's where I back out of science-ignorant conversations. Peace out. 

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/18/15 1:29 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Nice info!, gotta rethink all the documentaries I've seen now & do my own research!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

C J
on 3/18/15 5:36 am - , TN

Definitely do your own research.  I absolutely loved them and felt I learned much. 

Living > Existing

256/231/135

C J
on 3/18/15 11:57 am - , TN

Thanks everyone for response....Please ignore the last few messages of mine that don't seem to make sense.  I was responding to someone, but they must have deleted their posts.  I certainly am not trying to give any bad advice.  I promise.  I just really think there is something to this.  Certainly worth watching.

Living > Existing

256/231/135

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 400 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 427 views