On-the-go, high protein breakfast

JoeyJo
on 3/27/15 3:47 am - NJ

I love Quest bars, especially when they're frozen.  I found that out by accident after leaving my shopping bag in the car overnight during the incredible cold.  Some flavors I would never eat again, mostly because of the texture, others are in heavy rotation like lemon and cinnamon (individually, not mixed).  They are high in protein, low in carbs and most of them are delicious.  Maybe try different flavors when they go on sale to find a good flavor and texture.   Also try freezing them, microwaving or baking them.  I have never heated them, but I understand there are lots of ideas and recipes online.  Here are some ideas... http://blog.questnutrition.com/category/recipes/

Sandra F.
on 3/28/15 11:51 am

Thanks!

happyteacher
on 3/28/15 11:53 am

If you like iced coffee try the Chike coffee made with almond milk.

If you are a smoothie fan you can make a fantastic smoothie with vanilla protein powder, sugar free lemonade, greek yogurt (ff, sf), a splash of sweetner, and fruit (low glycemic options- strawberry, blackberry, etc.).

Cheese cubes would be easy if that is your thing.

I also love egg sandwiches. If you are watching carbs there are low carb wraps (turano or something similar is the brand, check labels on all varieties as one is very low in cals and carb) that could be used instead of a 100 calorie english muffin. I haven't tried one wrapped with lettuce instead of bread, but I bet that would wor****anadian bacon adds protein and lean low calories.

My best advice though- don't eat in the car. I know in our hurried over-scheduled states it happens, but for many of us obese types the habit of eating in the car leads to loads of calories and mindless eating. It is worth waking up 10 minutes earlier to allow yourself to eat mindfully at home and maintain good eating habits! 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views