Confession Time

psychoticparrot
on 5/21/15 2:39 am, edited 5/21/15 2:40 am

Yep, the evening munchies. About a month ago, while visiting my son and his family, I went wild. Everyone had gone to bed except for me. I downed half of a large box of Goldfish crackers, and snitched some of my grandson's candy (Yes, I stole my grandson's candy. How low is that?).

My, did that food ever slide down easily and leave me craving even more. But immediately after the binge, I kept telling myself, "This is just one day. It's not the end of the world. Start again tomorrow." And I did. You can too.

One suggestion: If at all possible, keep those cookies and other junk food out of your home. I sometimes get the urge for munchies, but with nothing in my boat (my home for the summer) except for healthy food, I either eat nothing, have a piece of fruit, or most often a cup of herbal tea or decaf coffee.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Grim_Traveller
on 5/21/15 9:49 am
RNY on 08/21/12

You're right, that was a really crappy day. The bacon was ok though.

Now that it's over, back on the wagon.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

robinreinhardt
on 5/21/15 10:02 am

Pamela,

You came to the right place to confess. No worries! You have done so well and just happened to have a bad day. Just get back on track. You can do it. We all have our bad days. Hang in there.

Robin

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/21/15 11:56 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

It happens to all of us.  And it's a good lesson to learn that you can out eat your sleeve if you eat the wrong things.  At least you made it to nine months instead of nine weeks!

Don't beat yourself up.  We gained weight through years of poor eating habits and certain situations can trigger our bad behaviors.  You weren't feeling well, and we all know that food will make us feel better.  Until it doesn't.

Get back up on the horse and back on track.  The secret is to not let a hiccup throw you into a tailspin  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Pamela M.
on 5/21/15 1:19 pm - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/25/14

Thank you everyone for your honesty and, most importantly, your encouragement.  Today is a new day!  Going on vacation next week to the Florida panhandle and plan on doing a LOT of walking on those sugar white beaches.  Size 10 bathing suits this year - that's what I'm talking about!!!

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.   Henry David Thoreau

Lillydivine
on 5/21/15 4:46 pm
VSG on 04/13/15

The key is that you realize what happened. Now pick yourself back up and get back on the wagon. You can do this :)

Height 5ft 2in / Highest Weight 277lbs / Surgery April 13, 2015 / Surgery Weight 270lbs / Current Weight 230lbs / Goal 130ibs

Most Active