4 years out... maintaining is not as easy!

Catsi51
on 7/28/15 5:33 pm

I used to live in Texas, so I do feel you about the heat and humidity! I used to walk - or tried to - in the mornings before work. I can remember opening the door from my air conditioned apartment at 5 am to go out side to walk and feeling like I'd stepped into a furnace! That hot already at 5am!!!! I started walking at the mall then!

Maybe you could buy some exercise DVDs and exercise indoors using them? The ONLY way I can ever lose weight is counting carbs - to lose I have to stay below 20 - to maintain I can't go above 30! Good luck!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/28/15 5:58 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Probably controlling & changing up your diet will help get those last pounds off more than exercise will. If your husband has issues with you going to the gym, then he should make room in the house to get that treadmill out of the garage. Does he have a favorite chair?, maybe put that in the garage & put the treadmill there instead, bet he won't have too many issues after that. LOL

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

ladygodiva1228
on 7/29/15 4:37 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On July 28, 2015 at 9:10 AM Pacific Time, IBSLY271 wrote:

I am currently 4 years out.  I started at 225 lbs and my lowest was 125 at 2 years out.  At 3 years, I had gained to 135 which my doctor said was good as I was too skinny for my looks at 125 (I am 5'6).  Now at 4 years, I am fairly steady at 140 to 145 and I have hit 146 but went on a strict diet to be at the 142/143.. I can't seem to get below 142 though which is frustrating.  My goal is to be 138.  My capacity is more, and I know I need to exercise but living in South Texas is not easy when it is 100+ degrees, as I am a walker.  My treadmill is in the garage because no room in the house for it and my husband is NOT supportive of me joining the gym and being gone from home any more that my long work days.  Feeling frustrated!

Since your husband sounds controlling to me maybe you should tell him to get off his lazy ass and move the treadmill inside the house so you can exercise and not be away from the family.

I have been married for 18 years and my husband didn't want me joining a gym only because of the expense.  So you know what he did for me?  He put in a gym in our basement.  I have a treadmill, weight machine, elliptical, Igallop, with a TV/blue ray set up.  Except for the treadmill everything was purchased at a yard sale for very little money. 

So stop making excuses and do something about.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

E_Saenz
on 7/29/15 12:04 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I'm happy you have achieved your vgs goal and no one not even your husband children or anyone other than you can do what you need to.  I respect marriage I think if you try to creative try making your home an obstical chorse of sorts with stairs and diffrent exercises for each station kinda like curves only at home things like sit up push ups running up stairs yoga ball streches and stuff or another idea get on you tube do yoga or an exercise you like.  Good luck never stop believing in yourself take the bull by the horns you can do it!

Elia Maria Saenz

Laura in Texas
on 7/30/15 6:10 am

I walk 6 miles a day outside and live in Texas. If you get out early or late, the weather is not bad.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Starlene02
on 8/4/15 8:46 pm
VSG on 11/11/15

I'm a busy Momma myself. I get that working out can be hard with so many obligations sitting in front of you. I think it's important that your family sees you taking care of yourself though. Whether you realize it or not, your little ones are picking up your habits. It's been hard for my family to adjust to my taking the time to take care of myself because they weren't use to it but I feel like it's taught them to appreciate my time and my needs more. Maybe even made them realize I'm not just there for their convenience. It's good for them to gain some perspective and maybe even a little more respect and responsibility. You can also find ways to include your family in your work out attempts. I'm not huge on the heat myself so I take my kids night swimming. Tossing kids into the water will make you sore in a flat second! lol Take them on a hike, go bike riding and if the heat is too intense.. make them lay on a blanket and pull them back and forth across the house! Talk about a workout! haha.. Best of luck to you.