Bandless............

Rafa
on 3/26/16 6:37 am
VSG on 03/16/16

Hey Anita!

First off, let me congratulate you on making the best decision you've made in your life. The sleeve surgery will be well worth it.

Now that that's out of the way, to answer your question. I'm sure everyone will have different experiences since every patient is different but my particular surgery concluded Wednesday, March 16th at 9:30 am. By 3:00PM Thursday, March 17th, I was off all pain meds (except for a baby liquid tylenolish thing) and in a car headed home.

I wish you the best of luck in your journey and I know this surgery will be the best thing you've ever done for yourself.

There is nothing we cannot accomplish with determination and willpower.

Anita
on 3/27/16 3:39 pm

Thanks Rafa. This gives me a lot of confidence that it will probably go easier than I had feared!

maryhave5
on 3/26/16 1:38 pm

I had my band removed on March 9... Was back to work for 1/2 day 2 days later... I have a desk job. Then recouped over weekend... It was more being tired than sore.  I am scheduled for June 9 for the sleeve.. I was terribly anxious about getting the band removed.. But right now I know it needed to come out.  I didn't need a whole lot of pain med.. Mainly took at night to help me  sleep. 

This forum has been a great help on getting educated on the surgeries and it also it helpful because I can read about someone who has gone through what I am going through. I can talk about it to my husband but he is caring but doesn't fully understand this life long struggle I have with weight. 

Anita
on 3/27/16 3:47 pm

Hi Mary,

Sounds like we're pretty much on a similar schedule. This board was incredible for me prior to having been banded, so I know that this time around it will be the same kind of positive support system. I needed to have my band removed due to some issues....and because I failed the band - it did not fail me.

I'm not working right now but all things considered, I could have returned after 2 or 3 days if it had been necessary. I'm out 5 days now and other than a little soreness (and some lovely purple marks on my belly), I'm good.

I'm excited and nervous about the next step but know that in the long run I'll be happy. My boyfriend is a physician and he has been totally supportive, so even if I didn't know ahead of time that he's a keeper, this solidified it!

Thanks for your respobnbse....it helps a lot!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 82 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 298 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 346 views