Forgetting to drink/eat~ bad?

Nura777
on 1/14/17 5:12 pm

You've already received great advise from everyone else!

We're not to far from one another - I had my surgery on December 22nd and its hard to meet those water and protein goals - but I work on it very hard everyday. So far I've only had two days where I didn't meet my water and protein intake. I refuse to have any complications as a result of my one complacency!

Remember that you're in this for the long haul - its more than the weight loss its about achieving good life quality by being healthy - you do not want to be skinny and SICK 

Donna L.
on 1/15/17 7:10 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

This close to surgery it's very bad to miss protein requirements as your body takes months to heal.  I do intermittent fasting, but I did not start until over a year post-op.  You need to be cautious omitting nutrition during the healing phase.

You also absolutely need to stay hydrated.  Being hospitalized for dehydration would definitely put a kink in your weight loss.

Our stomachs do not really stretch.  Maybe a little, if anything.  The surgery removes the bulk of the stomach that is able to stretch, called the fundus.  Over the course of a year the swelling goes down and we can consume more.  Even if our stomachs stay small, it's what we eat, rather than how much, that matters most, because 1) carbohydrate-high foods typically are more easily over consumed and 2) lower carb diets (between 30-130 grams a day) typically result in better weight loss over time.

indigoisinside
on 1/15/17 11:34 am
VSG on 12/29/16 with

I appreciate all of your feedback. Eating disorders are close by. But I will use your advice. Thank you all. I'm glad I asked for help. It's a bit embarrassing that I have these thoughts but I'm glad I went all out and didn't hold back. This surgery is so permanent it's scary. I don't want to hurt myself. I'll work on fluids and my shakes. Thanks again. ~peace~ 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views