Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday, 2/16/2018

mmsmom
on 2/16/18 6:27 am - Woburn, MA

Happy Friday, Happy Long Weekend!

QOTD: I could give a great talk on intellectual property (patents and trademarks) since I have been working in that field for over 30 years. I think I could also be very informative on Chronic Kidney Disease as my father had that and lived with me for 16 years. I think I could wing a presentation on a number of things...apparently, I'm an extrovert and a communicator (according to the fun programs we have participated in at work)

B: jarlsburg cheese and rice crackers

L: idk

D: was planning on grilling but it looks dreary here - aborting that plan. Maybe some fish.

E: doubtful, my incision is irritated and sore in 2 spots...going to the dr. next week as he is away this weekend : /

L/V: on track

VSG on 04/28/2014

yvonnef1964
on 2/16/18 9:23 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Qotd I wouldn't be able to do that, I'm that shy to talk that much in front of people.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and cuties orange

D I want fish but if it don't happen then goulash

S if I have goulash then a quest protein bar s'more

Have a good day

CC C.
on 2/16/18 9:26 am

I must get myself to the grocery store stat, so I'm not really sure what I'll be eating today.

QOTD: Yikes. I can talk alot about some pretty random things, but the "presentation" aspect of this question makes my palms sweat. Even the idea of formal public speaking makes me anxious! Hmm, so maybe anxiety could by my subject?

B - yogurt, berries, grain free granola

L - Eggs and bacon

D - ? Protein and veggies

S - Cheese and maybe salami

gracegetsgastric
on 2/16/18 9:38 am
VSG on 01/02/18

Today is the first Friday of Lent, which means no meat for me!

QOTD: Ooo that's a tough one. Probably something to do with heteronormativity and queer baiting within media? Problematic media tropes in relation to marginalized groups of people? I could also probably talk pretty extensively about project/change management and/or CSR as that's my work focus. Or anything to do with Harry Potter, really. ;)

M1: Premier Protein + Cold Brew

M2: Protein Bar

M3: Skellig Cheddar + Baby Carrots

M4: Egg + Cheddar + Cottage Cheese

M5: Protein Chocolate PB Truffles

VSG on 1/2/2018!

HW: 354 (May 2017) SW: 319 (DOS, 1/2/2018) CW: 198 (1/22/2019)

My YouTube: Grace Gets Gastric

Nknerr
on 2/16/18 9:47 am
VBG on 12/07/17

QOTD: Ha, ha, ha...I'm also an extrovert and have actually done something like this. I could easily speak about the need for more accessible Mental Health help and also walk people through their mental health benefits, as it is something I have done for a while. I can also speak about caring for dogs and horses, as I did when my family was involved in 4H.

M1: 1 sausage link and 1 slice cheese

M2: 1 sausage link and 1 slice cheese

M3: Cheesesteak meat with sauce and onions

M4: baked chicken breast and green beans

M5: oatmeal and protein shake

Natalie

2/2017: 340 VSG: 12/7/2017 - 272 1/29/18: 253

Dragon64
on 2/16/18 10:02 am
On February 16, 2018 at 5:47 PM Pacific Time, Nknerr wrote:

QOTD: Ha, ha, ha...I'm also an extrovert and have actually done something like this. I could easily speak about the need for more accessible Mental Health help and also walk people through their mental health benefits, as it is something I have done for a while. I can also speak about caring for dogs and horses, as I did when my family was involved in 4H.

M1: 1 sausage link and 1 slice cheese

M2: 1 sausage link and 1 slice cheese

M3: Cheesesteak meat with sauce and onions

M4: baked chicken breast and green beans

M5: oatmeal and protein shake

How do you like to fix your oatmeal? I have tried 1 serv of Quaker Oats+ 1 serv of Natural Peanut Butter, and a serv of blue berries... Bland at first, but I suppose I could get used to it.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nknerr
on 2/16/18 10:10 am
VBG on 12/07/17

I actually LOVE oatmeal. No sugar added. If I eat it "plain" I like just a little butter and almond milk. HOWEVER, I know I'm not going to hit my protein level, I will actually pour my Premier Protein vanilla or banana shake over it. OR, sometimes I actually make my oatmeal so that it is more watery and add Truvein Cinnabon (Oh yes!!) into the oatmeal and still top it with a bit of almond milk.

I have eaten PB and oatmeal before, but for that I use steel cut oats and mix the PB and a little no sugar added strawberry jam.

Natalie

2/2017: 340 VSG: 12/7/2017 - 272 1/29/18: 253

Kristi T.
on 2/16/18 10:13 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! I have no plans for the day other than getting groceries before we are hit with a storm in the morning, blizzard conditions. So I better stock up:-)

QOTD-Somehow I have made it 51 years without ever having to speak in front of a group. I even took Speech in high school and managed to finagle my way around it. If my life or someone else's life depended on it, then I could probably do an unprepared presentation on Glacier National Park. I would more than likely pass out before the 40 minutes was up:-)

B-Ezekiel 7 grain toast w/1tbsp almond butter

L-Tuna w/mayo and pickle, string cheese

S-Chai tea with cream & stevia

D-tbd

E-Walk or hike with my dog depending on where we go

CC C.
on 2/16/18 12:33 pm

I feel you on the passing out! At the company I used to work for (7000 employees), the son of the founder came in to speak to the senior folks at our site. The person who was supposed to introduce him had to leave suddenly so they shoved the page with all of this guy's credentials and the intro into my hands at literally the last second. So I got up in front of 250 people and started to read the intro. Except I totally forgot to exhale. So I'm talking and inhaling and my lungs are so full they are burning, my head is getting light and I'm thinking, how many credentials does this guy have?? And just before I thought I was going to pass out I just stopped talking and exhaled into the mic super loudly. Everyone laughed and I wanted to just crawl in a hole! I could talk easily in meetings with large groups, but put me at a podium with a mic and I crumbled...

Kristi T.
on 2/17/18 9:26 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Oh no, what a nightmare! I am glad you finally exhaled:-)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 255 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views