Do y'all even get on the scale???

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/15 12:40 pm

Thank you for sharing with me!  I will start doing just that...I think I am going to buy a scale but keep it put away except for maybe a once a week weigh-in.  I also need to get back to doing my measurements.  That makes a difference with all that head-thinking when I see the measurements too.  You are most certainly right not to let it rule my thinking, but yet to keep it as a measurement tool.  I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

JA
on 12/2/15 12:02 pm - East Haven, CT

In order to keep myself on track, I weigh myself every morning before I shower.  It keeps me knowing what I need to do and how much attention I need to pay.  I NEVER allow myself to go up more than 5 lbs.  5lbs in fact bothers me, so I start paying close attention.  The only time I don't weigh myself is if I am on vacation and there's no scale.

JA

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/15 4:41 am

I used to do the same thing every morning!  I agree; a 5lb. weight change would and does bother me too.  Thank you so much for sharing!  

LMCLILLY
on 12/4/15 8:05 am, edited 12/4/15 12:03 am - Central, CT

10+ years out. Weekly, every Sunday morning.  And I write it down.  On the bathroom mirror in marker. This way I can see my trends and adjust or at least be AWARE.  I know the moment I don't want to weigh, I've got issues to deal with.  (generally emotional or boredom eating for me).  Additionally I make SURE I don't avoid the full length mirror.  I have one at my door going out of the house and one in my bedroom plus a very large mirror covered wall in the bathroom.  "Denial- it ain't just a river in Egypt", as the joke goes.  Once I'm in that denial zone...it's hard to come back from. 

OH! And fluctuations... gee, I can see 5+ pounds in fluctuation pretty normally, especially around period time. 

Best,

Lisa C

From CT

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/15 8:27 am

Ha!  I love the 'denial' thing...I have never heard that one!!!  That is a great idea to write it on your mirror; I have also never thought to do that but there would be the number staring you right in the face.  Congratulations on all of your success and continue to share!

Most Active
Recent Topics