losing after regain

BeckyKyles
on 7/21/07 3:33 am - Houston, TX
 At the beginning of April, I finally faced that I'd allowed myself to gain an unacceptable amount of weight.  I went from 145 to 181 in about 8 months.  It scared me and made me feel like a complete failure.  I was disgusted when I looked in a mirror.  I started walking regularly again.  I walk about 6 miles a day, usually at least 4 days a week.  I also slowly started to change my eating habits, looking for ways to lower my calories without feeling deprived.  I eat a little less at each meal.  When I'm out shopping for the day or going for a long walk and I'm hungry, I skip the convience store and stop by the grocery store instead and pick up a piece of fruit.  That's 400 calories less right there, considering that a candy bar is about 500 calories.  I've went from 185 to 162.  It's still a little bigger than I'd like to be at 5'5", but it's acceptable to me.  I don't feel like a failure and that alone is worth all the effort.  I'm going to continue to work at it, and maybe I'll tone up more or lose a little more.  Whatever happens, I've learned that I truly do control how much I weigh.  Becky
Tracy B
on 7/21/07 3:48 am - Erie, PA
Congratulations Becky! You certainly are an inspiration! You took control and its working so its good to know that the tool still works if you work the tool! Wishing you continued success!!!!!!!!!!!

~*~Tracy B~*~

328/160 *** 5'9"
start/current

Caryl Mauk
on 7/21/07 4:06 am - Manor, TX
RNY on 06/26/06 with
Good for you!  You are taking some great steps to take care of yourself.  Keep up the good work.
cpatters
on 7/21/07 5:41 am - Rockingham County, VA
Way to go! You are an inspiration for me. I have gained a couple of pounds the past few weeks and I need to change my eating habits right now before it gets any worse. I don't want to see the scale go up and up after all the hard work that I have done in the past 18 months.  I do not dump very easily and so it makes it very tempting to eat the wrong foods. Thank you for your post and keep up the great work. Tootles Cath

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 6:33

Seek ye first the kingdom of God

sel
on 7/21/07 11:47 am - colchester, CT

Becky you are an inspiration for any of us who have struggled with a gain or who could easily have the same thing happen to them. You show that it can be done by eating right and exercise.

Congratulations!

Sher

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzj0KJh/">
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzj0KJh/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wzj0KJh/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wzj0KJh/weight.png">>

tina01
on 7/22/07 8:29 am - Wilmington, DE
I too thank you for your post.  I'm struggling w/ getting back on the right track after gaining.  I like that fact that you are doing what works for you, and I'm impressed with the 6 mile walk! Good for you.  You are in inspiration, thanks and keep up YOUR great job. T
mommoo
on 7/22/07 9:29 am
Becky, You are an inspiration to all.  Your post is just what I needed today.  I've had some medical issues lately and gained about 17 lbs. It may not sound like much to others, but to me it seems like a lot.  I had to purchase larger clothes and just thinking about it makes me want to get down in the dumps. I've started the other day to do something nice for myself once a day.  I need to remind myself that we should not measure our worth on the scale number only.  Thanks again. Mommoo
njcocoa
on 7/22/07 10:51 am - somerville, NJ
Thanks so much for the post, after a 15-22 pound weigh gain, you have motivated me to get back on track

Aliya....and lovin it

BeckyKyles
on 7/22/07 6:08 pm - Houston, TX
Everyone, Thanks for your supportive replies.  I'm glad to know that my post made a difference to you.  Gaining weight is demoralizing, and I was surprised to have this problem after surgery.  It's a relief to know that we can still lose weight, it just doesn't come off at a pound a day like it used to.  (Those were sure great days!)   Becky
diananoreika
on 7/23/07 3:36 am - Parkville, MD
Thanks so much for reminding me to "take my tool out of the shed" (stole that line from a friend)  I tend to forget I ever had a weight problem when Friday comes around. Man can I eat the heck out of corn on the cob ( wayyyy too much)   its probably the only non sugar food item I have a problem with...Honestly folks, i never was a big food eater but you but any combination of sugar & flour together I am in LOVE. You have inspired me to Throw away the hamburger I just bought from the Mcdonald next door (i forgot my lunch)  and have some dried fruit instead. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! Diana RNY 9/17/03 360/200/still aiming at 180
Most Active
Recent Topics