frustrated and ready to give up

mz shoog
on 7/28/08 10:34 am - Maple Heights, OH
Hey all

I posted a few weeks ago about me getting back on the right track due to weight gain and nut wanted to put me on OPTIFAST... I decided against it and said I'm going to do this on my own. Well last week I started kick boxing 3 days a week and also start eating healthy. My biggest down fall was fast food and pop, I have stop both no fast food or pop at all. Today I weighed myself expecting to lose maybe 2-4 lbs from last week, being that I'm doing all the right things and guess what I GAINED a pound. How freaking frustrating is that. I will admit I don't count calories I'll go to fitday and won't be able to find the food I'm trying to log in and say forget it and just exit out. I've been taking my vitamins everyday. I threw the scale in the garbage today so I won't be on it every time I go into the restroom. I love wheat bread, I may have a turkey sandwich on wheat with low fat miracle whip for lunch. The only green veggies I eat is collard greens and string beans, I try and eat a veggie everday with dinner. What am I doing wrong (besides the bread) ? Any advice is greatly appreciated......
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination
teachnkids
on 7/28/08 11:07 am
Don't give up.  Don't do it.  We have come too far.  Too far.  Keep doing those good things you are doing, the exercise.  I am certainly not an expert on this.  I am trying.  Actually I went to my 2 year appt. today.  I have to get back on the exercise track.  My doc is very strict with eating 3 meals and no snacking.  You know, he is right.  I am just not sure if I can do it.  But mindless eating when I am not hungry is crazy.  But, you know skinny people don't typically snack and eat all day.  So, just some ramblings from a fellow struggler who does not want you to give up!
mystic
on 7/28/08 11:13 am - manchester, NJ
HEY THERE

SORRY YOU ARE STRUGGLING.  ITS GOOD THAT YOU ARE POSTING HERE AND EVEN BETTER THAT YOU HAVE REDEDICATED YOURSELF TO DOING THE RIGHT STUFF.

JUST A FEW THOUGHTS FROM ME, ARE YOU GETTING IN ALL YOUR WATER?
ARE YOU EATING ENOUGH PROTEIN EVERY DAY??

THOSE ARE THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO IN ORDER TO GET YOU BACK ON TRACK,

AS TO THE POUND YOU GAINED, YOUR BODY NEEDS TO READJUST TO YOU DOING THE RIGHT STUFF, AND IM SURE NEXT WEEK WILL BRING A WEIGHT LOSS.

HANG TOUGH!!! YOU CAN DO THIS, YES YOU CAN

HUGS, JACKI

Char S.
on 7/28/08 11:55 am - Jefferson Hills, PA
Hi.  Whatever you do please, please please  don' t give up.  You know the rules and are doing what it takes to get on track,  If you need reminders, motivation and encouragement please come visit OH everyday if you can. I know you can do this.  While that scale is in the garbage and you are doing kick-boxing please get a tape measurer and start  recording your measurments.  You will definitely see changes in your measurements and your clothes may start to fit better.  I switched from fitday to the dailyplate.com to track my food because its food database is easier to search.  Please perservere, be consistent and be patient.  I know it's hard because I've been there.  tt took over 18 months for me to lose 30 of the 42# i re-gained.  Hang in there!!  Good luck and many blessings!!
Char
Char S. 
Getting Back on Track Again!!

Not the Same Dawn
on 7/28/08 12:06 pm - BEE EFF EEE, CA
Definitely don't give up...From what you posted I can see that you are working your muscles and are probably building muscle so that will weigh more. Try taking your measurements instead of weighing yourself. Your clothes will fit looser soon enough even if the scale pops up a pound or two!

Just give up one thing at a time and see what you can handle. I would stay away from the bread as much as possible. You can take the lunch meat and cheese and roll it up and dunk it in the mayo...Just a suggestion. And do please give up the soda pop...Dangerous stuff, even the diet stuff and you'll feel so much better for it.

You can build a list of what you eat on fitday and keep adding to it but you have to enter your foods from the ingredients and nutritional values on the package. That's easy enough to do. I have foods I always have around so they're on my personalized list of foods on fitday..The list stays there forever so it's really handy.
Yes, RNY worked for me but it also requires a lot of work from me!

Before Surgery: 214
Highest Weight: 240
Now: 125.6
Goal: 130
mz shoog
on 7/28/08 12:15 pm - Maple Heights, OH
Thanks for the reply's.....

I honestly haven't been getting all the water and protein I need. But all that is about to change, I want this so bad..
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination
mz shoog
on 7/28/08 12:16 pm - Maple Heights, OH
Thanks for the reply's.....

I honestly haven't been getting all the water and protein I need. But all that is about to change, I want this so bad..
Cynthia Snyder
on 7/28/08 12:22 pm - Butler, IN
I am so proud of you for having the determination to get back on track. Most of us have all been there and know what you're feeling. For me, I have to make sure that I weigh and/or measure my foods or else I eat too much and then wonder why I am not loosing or even gaining. That works for me. I agree with what everyone has written here: get back to the basics. It WILL work again... just like in the beginning. Protein first.....fluids throughout the day....planning your meals.....measuring your foods....not drinking right after you eat.....you CAN do it! God bless  you & keep in touch! We're cheering you on!!!!! God bless! Love, Cindy
Barbara C.
on 7/28/08 2:17 pm - Raleigh, NC

Don't give up ... You CAN do this. I get frustrated with fitday too, so I switched to mydailyplate because they have such a comprehensive database with just about anything you can imagine. I'll bet when you start tracking, you'll find the 'extra' stuff that's crept in. Also, what time of the month is it? Might be some water weight.

Keep logging and moving, it'll come off.

Wishing you all the best,

Barb

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

blackburn.vicki
on 7/28/08 4:27 pm
Come on girl make it a Nike moment "Just do It" You go kick ASS and take names. Go back to basics. Protein,water, and low carb veggies 2 fruits a day Go show um how its done!! Good Luck vicki
Most Active
Recent Topics