3 versus 6 meals daily

lerkhart
on 8/2/10 11:37 pm
Here's my two cents.
My NUT wanted us to do 3 meals & 3 snacks for the first month and then lower the snacks to 1 snack a day with 3 meals.  She does not want us to do Protein Shakes.

I did this for a while and then I noticed I wanted to snack in between meals and after reading this board I noticed that a lot of people who have been very successful used the protein shakes.  I added 2-3 to my daily routine.  I use the Nectars they have 90 calories and no carbs, no sugar, no fat & 23 grams of protein for 1 scoop.  It has really helped me to not eat in between meals. 

I did try to do what my NUT suggested while I was still early out, but I think you reach a point that you have to find a way to live with this the rest of your life and it may not be the same thing as what works for everyone else.  We each have to find our own formula that works for us.

I did not have any pain, fatigue, nasea or hair loss.  I have gotten food stuck a few times, because I did not chew well or I ate too fast - my fault.

Good luck.
Linda 
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Roz !!!!
on 8/3/10 12:59 am - Butler, PA
Welcome and Congrats on your surgery!!  Please join us on Menu and Miles, that is definitely where I learned to eat right and be successful!  The LW's on this board LOVE to help newbies, so ask anything and will all chime in with our views, but only you can decide what's best for you!!!!

In October I will be 2 years out and I still have LOTS of restriction.  I honestly believe it's because I never overeat, I listen to my tool, and eat numerous times a day so I'm not starving when I sit down at the table.  I very seldom feel hungery.  When I have a meal, I still only have 2/3 oz. of Protein and then a few bites of something else and I am completely satisfied.

I also swear by Protein drinks and drink 3 or 4 a day in between meals so I'm sure to get all of my Protein in. Be really careful with your "bad" carbs, like bread, pasta, rice, and potatoes, I very seldom eat them.   

At my last visit at my surgeons, I had the PA instead of the surgeon and she is a tiny little thing.  I told her how I was eating and she said that's how she has ate all of her life.  I've been watching some of my thin friends and that's basically how they eat too.  They don't sit down and eat big meals.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 297 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 423 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 483 views
Still kickin'...