HI EVERYONE!!!

Stacey N.
on 3/31/12 6:18 am - Chesapeake, VA
Thank you !! :)
southernlady5464
on 3/31/12 9:38 am
Miss seeing you around here, Stacey and ditto to what Gina said. Remember, you can not take care of others if you don't take care of yourself FIRST. 

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

lerkhart
on 3/31/12 9:43 am
WOW Stacey you have such a full plate!!  I don't see how you can keep up with where you are suppose to be.

Can you get labs done again this soon?  It might be a good idea to get a full set of labs just to see where everything is.  I use the Bariatric Advantage Dry D3.  I could not find my regular B12 and had to get a lower dose and have just been taking it one week and already feel more tired.  I went today and found the kind I was taking before and will start back on them tomorrow.  I still do chewable Multi's and iron.

Do you do protein drinks?  That is how I get in most of my fluids and protein.  It makes it so much easier for me.

Congratulations on your 121!!

Linda 
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Stacey N.
on 3/31/12 10:56 pm - Chesapeake, VA
Unfortubately they wont allow me to get my labs redrawn until I go in for my 2 yr.   So i have to go by the labs that I have now. My b12 is amazing in fact they told me to cut back on what I was taking...HAHA NOT! I do not do any iron because it has never waivered. (Wonder if they really are checking it, the numbers are all the same)

As for protein drinks, I only do my 2 scoop coffee each morning. I still have an aversion to most protein powders so I stick with what I like most.

I did go to 7-11 and find a Crystal light slushie!!! I got the 64 oz and drank it ALLL. I am so proud of myself LOL.
MacMadame
on 3/31/12 10:46 am - Northern, CA
If you have trouble remembering to take your Vits, you can make your life esier by taking an enormous quanity of Vitamin D every so often instead of a smaller amount  more often.

Like I take 50,000 IU once a week. That's enough to keep my levels where I want them otherwise I'd take it more often. But 1 pill once a week is much better tham multiple pills every day!

As for the chewable vs pills, I would say take whatever form makes you actually take your vits. The only issue with the chewables is that they don't have as much "stuff" in them as pills. There are certain supplements that just can't be made to taste good or to chew up well so they just leave them out. So, if you go with chewables, you need to watch those or maybe supplement them separately via pills.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Stacey N.
on 3/31/12 10:50 pm - Chesapeake, VA

Didnt eve think that something wasnt in them. I am using the centrum chewables and centrum silver chewables, they are getting harder to find. What would be missing that I can find to get what I need?

I still only take 1 calcium a day and my labs have never waivered, is this not enough? I want to get back on track.

MacMadame
on 4/2/12 1:02 am - Northern, CA
Generally chewables don't have potassium. 

Sometimes they don't have selenium or zinc either. You need to check the labels.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/12 10:50 pm
Hey Stacey,
It's good you came to the board even just to get yourself back on track. That is what I love about this forum. Even if we just lurk we can still come forward and share ourselves when we need the support. Once you get into the groove it will make things better I am sure.
Even with me not doing exercise every day right now I know that once I get home again I can get into the groove. I try not to think about it in a negative way but just look forward to the cooler weather that will inspire me to be more faithful to it.
I wish you all the best as you manage things on your own once again.
HUGS
Price S.
on 3/31/12 11:38 pm - Mills River, NC
I have a few tricks that help me, may be helpful for you.  I do still use chewables for multis.  I do the CVS generic chewable that is the Centrum lookalike.  I add 2 calcuim and do that as soon as I wake up and right before bed.  I don't do iron, haven't needed it.  I add my D3 to that mix, now 3x a week, 50,000u.  It is harder to forget if you link it to something.  My other calcuim dose I link to lunch so I am covered.

Fluid, I drink 40oz as my decaf protein coffee in the morning before any food.  Then have 20oz between breakfast and lunch, 36-48 oz in a lemon tea protein after lunch, usually another 10 oz at least between my 4:30 meal and supper and a 20 oz protein shake after supper.  I make it a point to not eat if I haven't had at least those amounts between meals and that makes me get it in.  Again, tie it to something and it is easier.

I know you tried a lot of protein drinks and didn't tolerate them very well but I think the extra protein in useable protein would help keep your hair.  Protein hot chocolate using protein powder and a 25cal. Hot chocolate mix?  I'm thinking you tried lemon tea but that is a standby for a lot of us.  I use a huge blender bottle, 36oz and a crystal light with 1 scoop.  I do the same with fuzzy navel.  That would help your protein and your fluid.  I started mixing my evening shakes with 2% milk on vacation and it was really yummy.  I will stop for a while to get rid of these #s I gathered in vacation but boy was it good.  Hopefully you will find something.

You have an amazingly busy life and have done great keeping up with everyone else.  Now do the same for you. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views