Ongoing Period..ick

White Dove
on 3/21/15 6:59 pm - Warren, OH

I know that I am old fashioned, but I had a full hysterectomy with both ovaries removed at 43 and it made a wonderful difference in the rest of my life.  I no longer had to put up with PMS or periods.  I was on Premarin for about five years, then went to just progesterone cream and tapered off to no hormone replacements. 

The combination of not having to deal with monthly cycles and never having to worry about an accidental pregnancy made life so much easier for me.

If you are finished with having kids, why go through years more of periods.  Nature will stop them but you might be close to 60 when it happens on its own.

I told the doctor to remove the baby carriage and just leave the playpen. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Jennifer G.
on 3/22/15 2:43 am
Jennifer G.
on 3/22/15 2:43 am

I'm four months post op and I had my period the day of surgery.  And I'm always light and last at least 3-5 days top. But I didn't this time I had it for two weeks after the surgery.  And now my period is still funky last month I had it for two weeks as well. But the month before that I had it for 4 days. It's totally common they told me it has to do with the weight loss and also your hormones as well all being out of wack. Hope you stop soon I know it becomes frustrating fast. 

Gastro sleeve 11/20/2014, Starting weight 299, Current weight 230.5 ,Goal weight 190 or less.   

Navychic
on 3/22/15 3:19 am
RNY on 02/09/15

Good info all.  Its never fun to be in a situation alone and wonder...  nice to have the support.

And White Dove too funny about the playpen...I also was hoping the IUD would do the same thing w/o the surgery, I was hopeful in 5yrs, my cycles would've stopped.  If it doesn't within a couple mths, I may have to reassess...

I'm Jo   HW 245, SW 236, CW 151 Yeah (Normal BMI!!!!)

M1=213 (-23), M2=201 (-12), M3=186 (-15), M4=175(-11), M5=166(-9), M6=157(-9), M7=153(-4) 

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 317 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 438 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 501 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 522 views