"On the lighter side"

Recent Posts

Krisican2
on 6/27/11 10:19 am
Topic: HELLO!!
Hi everyone, how is everyone doing?

Kristy K.
Obesity Help Support Group Leader
"On the lighter side"  Everyone and anyone welcome!

Krisican2
on 6/20/10 6:16 am
Topic: RE: Post Pureed Life
Hi Steve, I am so sorry I haven't replied to your post! Life has been really hectic and down right difficult the past few months and I kind of strayed away....but 'm back now! Please let me know if you have any questions or anything!

Kristy

Kristy K.

steve D.
on 3/9/10 5:13 am - West Fargo, ND
Topic: Post Pureed Life

Today is my last day on the pureed diet, yea!!!  What advice would you give (other than measure portions and eat slowly), what can I do to be successul?

Steve

Krisican2
on 1/17/10 2:23 am
Topic: I'm so excited!!!
I used to have a Y membership, but wasn't able to renew it when it was up last summer. Yesterday I splurged and got it renewed and I'm very excited! I loved doing water aerobics and now I can! I even looked at all the classes that I'm going to do and added them to my planner. Luckily I can rotate between 6-2:30pm & 2-10:30pm. My daughter has been laughing at me because I color coded the classes & stuff...lol I'm just excited to start back tomorrow.

Kristy K.

Krisican2
on 12/8/09 6:07 pm
Topic: Any New Years Resolutions?
So I'm sitting here at work doing some well-needed overtime and realized that the new year is only 22 more days until the new year! So, does anyone have any new years resolutions, or thought of any yet? I have the usual, try to get & be healthy, try to exercise daily, yada, yada, yada. BUT, I seriously want to set some and stick to them. I don't want them to be just a generic or ordinary resolution so I am going to really take time and think of some that are reasonable and attainable. How about you? Do you have any resolutions?

Kristy K.

Christopher B.
on 12/6/09 3:59 am - Vergas, MN
Topic: RE: Surgery Date!! Jan 18th
Thanks Kristy!!
As I get closer I am sure I will have more questions!

Chris
Krisican2
on 12/5/09 11:37 am
Topic: RE: Surgery Date!! Jan 18th
Congratulations, I bet you are very excited! We are all here for you and we all have our own individual, unique experiences. I remember how antsy and anxious I was before my surgery, the day couldn't get here fast enough! However, before you know it the day will be here.

Just remember that we area ll here for you and if you need anything just ask!

Hugs,
Kristy

Kristy K.

Christopher B.
on 12/4/09 12:02 am - Vergas, MN
Topic: Surgery Date!! Jan 18th
i am new to this group and am just beginning my Journey - I know the importance of support and though I have a strong support from family and friends, I think the most support can come from people who have had the same experience! I hope that there are folks out there that can be helpful support for me, and I for others.

I am excited - I got the call yesterday that I have been approved for surgery - I have a surgery date for RNY Gastric Bypass on January 18th 2010!! I am very happy, nervous, and relieved in so many ways!  

I pray you all are doing well and continue your journey to a health you have always dreamed of!!

Blessings,
Chris

browner1
Krisican2
on 11/19/09 9:39 am
Topic: Confession time
I have to apologize to you guys. I have been kind of missing the past week or so. I have slipped back into bad habits and have gained back some weight. I am very frustrated and ashamed of myself because I know better. I got lazy and basically stopped exercising, started snacking and ate foods that I know I shouldn't. I went to see my doctor Monday & got a small fill. I didn't think I needed one, but am glad that I got one. It has really been helping me out and I have lost 3 pounds since then.

Have any of you lost focus and need to get back on track? Are any of you slipping back into old bad habits? If so, please don't feel that you are alone. I know I felt horrible, but know that I am only human. If I could do it without having setbacks, then I wouldn't of needed the surgery in the first place! I just want to be successful, happy & healthy again, life is just too short!

Kristy K.

Krisican2
on 11/4/09 2:32 am
Topic: November already??
Hi everyone, just thought I'd check in and see how everyone is doing. I have been doing ok, had a few "bumps" in the road as far as getting off track and needing to get re-focused. It seems like everyone goes through that at some point, but it's frustrating. Anyways, I can't believe that it is already November! 29 more days until my bandversary so I really want to get back on track and break the 100 pound mark for my 1 year bandversary!

Kristy K.