Stay At Home Military Wives

Recent Posts

mikeswifey
on 10/25/11 3:44 am - TX
Topic: is there anyone still in this group?
I'm having the gastric bypass at Tripler Army Hospital in Hawaii. 
mrshelgeson
on 7/5/11 2:51 pm - MD
Topic: RE: Hi
 it's okay to eat when ever, jus****ch the serving sizes, try new things. I have quite a few tips that i use that I like that work to eat when i feel peckish and then i do something to distract me. After a while it just becomes habbit.

Samantha.M
on 7/5/11 1:18 pm - Germany
 That's really good that your doing it on your own. Sadly, I have really bad willpower. I'm also one of those constant grazers. 

I need something that will limit how much I can have at a time. I tried that on my own for a time and I did good for about a week but then I slowly relized that I was going back to my old ways. I notice that I would slip again and try to fix it....constant yoyo
Proud army wife and mom of 2 ♥       
mrshelgeson
on 7/4/11 3:38 pm - MD
 Oh i have toblame alot on myself, i did nothing to lose the weight. I lost alot of weight on swim team, but when season ended I gained it back every year cause i was never active and I over ate and sat on my butt. But when I started working and wanted to join the army i lost 30lbs and then i got married and it went down hill. I didnt do anything again, now I am doing more things to lose the weight on my own, I am more health concious and I am kind of pro at the way foods work in the body and what foods are good and bad and what needs to be done to burn calories. 

I haven't had surgery, nor do i plan to have surgery. I am doing good on my own losing the weight. When I was planning to have surgery I was going to have the VSG cause the in military hospitals that sugery is approved and free, outside of MTF's tri-care won't approve VSG surgery and I didn't want lapband or my intestines cut, to risky. I have done a lot of research in the past few years and i saw that VSG was the best choice.

It is funny that the only time we congratulate somone on a lose is weightloss and when they lose a horrible partner in a relationship lol like a creepy GF lol. 

Samantha.M
on 7/4/11 3:24 pm - Germany
 Sadly, I don't have anything to blame my weight on besides myself 

Have you had your surgery yet? Which one have had or getting? I'm getting the RNY done. I feel like I have too much weight to lose for the band. Plus I really don't care to have a object in my body for the rest of my life. 

I'm aiming for 150-155. At least that's my goal lol Whether or not I get there is another story lol  

That's really great on your loss so far(isn't it funny how this is the only time we can congratulate someone on a loss? lol) 
mrshelgeson
on 7/4/11 7:18 am, edited 7/4/11 7:18 am - MD
 Oh i feel your pain, i have been over 200lbs since i was ten, then i got under 200 when i was 16 -19 and got married and it just slowly crept on. and i had a baby and BAM IT flew on. Over 130lbs... My drs always mentioned my weight and my friends had WLS and i mentioned it to my doc and he put an immediate consult in and wouldnt you know that was two years ago, every doctor has been either TAD, Deployed or PCSing. Then i PCS'd and all the doctors were deployed, I have a bunched of mental disorders and my medication they told me was responcible for 80lbs of the weight gain. they took me off it in december 2010 and since them i drop'd 58lbs... I do nothing but eat small meals and sit around and play with my daughter. I am doing alot better. So i decided since weight gaine wasn't instant, nither will be the weight loss. I made my goals simple... I know i wont be 150lbs or 130lbs... so why not 195? I weighed 355-358... now im 297 six months later. So im slowly getting there. So my goal is for my birthday in september to be another 30lbs less, thats 10lbs a month... nothing eating less and walking and good sleep habbits cant fix right?

Samantha.M
on 7/3/11 11:55 am - Germany
 Hi Marie, I'm Samantha...probably easy to figure that out lol  

I have 2 boys myself who are 6 and 12(almost 13, yikes!!) Husband is in the Army. After my last son I gained a insane amount of weight and have been carrying it around for the last 6 years. Always been overweight though but gaining almost 90 pounds with the last one...eesh

I went to my PCP for another health issue and he brought up my weight(don't they all ) and mentioned WLS. So I went to my first meeting in May and got the ball rolling. I figure I have been busting my bum for so long trying to lose weight on my own what the hay. 

I just found out last month that our surgons just got deployment orders so it's going to take longer that normal for the group I'm in to get ours done. I've been a little bummed about that  but trying to stay upbeat. 
mrshelgeson
on 7/3/11 8:31 am - MD
 welcome tothe group! i figured there wasn't a group out there for us so i would make one!

I am marie and I am a stay at home marine wife and a mother of a type one diabetic little girl... she is 4. So i started trying to get my self in shape the past year and a half and it has been hard.

Samantha.M
on 7/3/11 4:50 am - Germany
Topic: Hi
 I seen this new group and I thought hey! One for me lol  Thought I would be the first to stop in and say Hi and Hello