All About Me in NJ

Recent Posts

Gingerrose321
on 9/14/17 2:42 pm
RNY on 09/05/17
Topic: Is anyone still in this group?

i just had surgery last week.

i live in Sommerset County.

Just curious if NJ still has a support community.

Butterfly618
on 7/28/11 1:14 am - NJ
Topic: RE: Support Groups in New Jersey
Check out the NJ site for lots of Group listing.  Good luck to you

"SUCCESS IS A LIFESTYLE, NOT A DIET"
Please visit my OH  Support group:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/allinthemind/welcome/

Where you will find helpful strategies to achieve you goals

Highest 325.7lbs Surgery 295lbs Current 244lbs 

obesedude
on 7/19/11 11:50 am
Thanks!  I found one in Livingston, NJ and its only about a half hour away.  
margaretw
on 7/18/11 10:54 am - Jackson, NJ
Call ne  732-276-5913  i run a group in Jackson.  ME
ME58  White11      
obesedude
on 5/23/11 2:14 am
Topic: Support Groups in New Jersey

Hey Everyone,

I was hoping if anyone knew of any post-op support groups in New Jersey?  If so, would you mind sharing the information and possibly a phone number if one wanted to get more information about meeting times and location?

Thanks,

Dean

margaretw
on 4/6/11 6:40 am - Jackson, NJ
Topic: April Showers
Hi everyone.  I am so glad to see that we now have so many members.  Things are going well.  Hope you all are doing well.  Our discussion is April Showers.  They say April Showers bring May Flowers.  That is so true and I cannot wait.  Water is good for everyone.  We all need to drink at least 64 ounces of water daily to keep healthy and hydrated.  Sometimes when we do not drink enough, we feel awful and sometimes get sick from it. 
I remember when I was in Vegas a few years ago, i got really sick.  i had a fever and was in bed.  my husrband asked me when was the last time I drank some water.  Low and Behold it had been about a day.  I was not thirtsy at all and forgot to drink.  As soon as I started drinking again, I felt beetter.  Until that moment i did not realize what an impact the lack of fluids could have on your body.  Now as a LapBand patient, I know how important it is to drink as muc has possible. 
Make sure you shower your body with lots of water so you can grow big and strong like those MAy Flowers.  ME
ME58  White11      
Melody Deutsch
on 3/10/11 5:59 pm - CA
Topic: RE: March Madness
YES, WE DO NEED TO MOVE, WE FORGET ABOUT THE MOVING UNTIL ITS TOO LATE, i KNOW BEEN THERE DONE THAT, NOW i HAVE A BAD LEFT KNEE AND ALL THIS WEIGHT TO GET RID OF, ITS A LONG ROAD, BUT ITS TIME TO DO IT.
WAS A NURSE FOR 15 YRS, SHOULD KNOW BETTER, BUT YOU KNOW HOW THAT WORKS...LOL
 BUT THERE IS SO MUCH TO LOOK AT IN THESE PROCIDERS AND SO MANY PRO'S AND CON'S, IT REALLY HAS YOUR MIND WORKIN.   I HAVE JUST STARTED THIS JOURNEY, WENT TO A SEMINAR IN FEB., THEN FINELY SAW A DIETATION ON THE 9TH OF MARCH, NOW I'M ON PROTEIN POWDER TWICE ADAY AND 1 MEAL........LOW-CAL.
AND I WAIT TO HAVE MY FIRST CONSULTATION APPT., AND THIS WILL PROBABLEY TAKE ANOTHER 4 TO 6 MONTHS TO LOSE WT., FOR SURGERY, i WANT THE (RNY)..TO GET THIS WEIGHT OFF SOON AS POSSIBLE, I'VE BEEN HAVING STRESS FRACTURES IN MY FEET, VERY PAINFUL.
HAVE NEVER BEEN THIN IN MY ADULT LIFE, WILL BE A NICE CHANGE, BUT THIS LIFE STYLE CHANGE IS A ROUGH ONE, ESPECIALLY REROUTEING THE SMALL INTESTINE AND ITS PERMANET.  AND I WANT A LIFE BACK, TO GET OUT AND WALK WITH MY HUSBAND EVERY DAY, RIGHT NOW I CAN'T DUE TO THE FEET PROBLEM. SO IT LEAVES ME STUCK IN MID STREAM AS THEY SAY.
 hOPE I CAN TALK WITH ALOT OF PEOPLE HERE, IT HELPS TO GET THROUGH ALL THE THINGS THAT GO THROUGH OUR HEADS. HAVE A GOOD NIGHT.
GOD BLESS !  MELODY
margaretw
on 2/28/11 9:40 pm - Jackson, NJ
Topic: March Madness
When we hear March Madness we think about basketball.  But why not make it more personal.  Make your own March Madness and just get up and move.  Go for a walk, ride a bike, lift weights, whatever it is that makes you happy, do it.  It is so important to get up and move if you want to be successful in your weigt loss journey. 
Making exercise a part of your new lifestyle will alsogive you a new life.  The more you do, the more you will be able to do.  At one point in our lives it made us happy to sit in front of a tv or computer and relax.  Now we know that it is keeping in motion that will make us happy.  We will be more fit, we will sleep better, we will look better and we will feel better. 
GET UP, GET MOVING AND BE HAPPY!!!!!
ME
ME58  White11