Exercise Challenges

Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/11 6:03 am
Topic: Self-Challenge

First Time Poster in this group!! I have work up to the following amounts of exercise.

06:30 am     40 minutes jogging
10:30 am     45 min cardio walk

(carry 2 #  hand wts and do reps with walk/jog)

I am doing a Self-Challenge to CONVERT more cardio walk time into jogging time. 

My goal is to increase joggin time to 1 hour and hopefully discontinue the walking time altogether by June 1st!!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/10 3:10 am - Germantown, MD
Topic: Week two!
I hope everyone did okay on week one. Getting ready to start week two. I'm not sure I can feel a difference in strength yet, but I can always feel it in my muscles after I'm done so I'm taking that as an encouraging sign.
(deactivated member)
on 11/18/10 12:34 am - Germantown, MD
Topic: RE: Day 2 complete
I think that's normal, LOL. I'm feeling it in my shoulders, too. I can also feel it through my abdomen when I'm doing them. I hear they help strengthen the core. If so, I can believe it!
mini_me_ now
on 11/17/10 12:16 pm
Topic: Day 2 complete
wow the shoulders are feeling it today i hope im doing them right haha
Jennifer Warga
on 11/16/10 10:11 pm - Mansfield, OH
Topic: RE: Day one complete
My daughter and I are doing this together- she is 12- but has strength problems- we started on Tuesday. OMG I could hardly breath without it hurting. So I decided I must not have done them right- I was lifting with my stomach muscles rather than my arms, so I tried the modified push up on my knees, now i can hardly move my arms!!! But it is fun knowing that you are all out there doing this too. My days will be tues, thur, saturday. Good luck to you all on this your 2nd day!!
Acting on Faith, there is a skinny girl inside me, she got swallowed up when I was in my 20's and wants out now!! Acting on Faith, Jesus is my Savior and no matter what He loves me unconditionally. Acting on Faith, I want this more than I want another helping of food. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/10 1:48 pm - Germantown, MD
I'm doing the wall push ups but I can tell you, I feel it. Especially in my shoulders. Amazing, really.
babzmcgee
on 11/15/10 11:27 am
 OK, that was HARD! I thought I was doing the knee push ups right and when my hubby saw me he started laughing. I was just pushing my chest up and down, not my body. I then moved to the chair push ups and did that on my knees. That was intense!
OH Support Group Leader

mini_me_ now
on 11/14/10 11:18 pm
Topic: Day one complete
I did it, its amazing how much you can feel it in the arms.
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

mini_me_ now
on 11/14/10 8:35 am
Topic: RE: Starting the 100 push up challenge
well i did my initial test and i could not do a single normal push up but did 7 kneee ones so dont feel bad.. your 10 is better than my 7 haha so its knee for me
Linda     5".4

6lbs under goal weight
                  Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/10 7:27 am - Germantown, MD
Topic: Starting the 100 push up challenge
 So, I did my initial test. I could not do even a single knee pushup. How pathetic is that? So I moved to the wall pushup. I did put my feet back as far as I dared (I'm balance challenged, heh) and managed 10 but, boy did I feel it in my arms. When I get more comfortable, I'll move to the floor again. Maybe finish the challenge doing wall pushups and then restart it on the floor. We'll see!