chandler wls

Recent Posts

Karen P.
on 8/25/15 11:14 pm
Topic: Softgel vitamins or pills?

I was told that RNY patients should never take softgel type pills because they have oils in them and we don't process that well.  For 13 years I have gone out of my way to get 'dry Vitamin E' and continue to stick to the capsule or tablet 'rule'.  Is anyone else aware of this?  Just curious if things have changed or not.  I did have an experience taking D3 softgels and saw little to no improvement....switched to a dry capsule variety and my numbers were much better in 6 months and I have been able to maintain the level over the years.

Karen P.
on 8/25/15 11:06 pm
Topic: RE: Any advice?

I have not had a revision but I highly recommend Dr. Juarez and the other docs in his practice... They are at Phoenix St. Luke's Hospital.  My surgeon Dr. Zahn was also affiliated with St Luke's and the Bridges Center but is now retired.  If I had any concerns I would go to Dr. Juarez or someone in his practice over anyone else.  My RNY was in 2002...a friend had her RNY with Dr. Juarez and was having some unusual abdomenal pains that no one could effectively diagnose....one call to Dr. Juarez, transferred to St. Luke's and had successful surgery for a bowel obstruction.  I continue to be impressed by the Phx St. Luke Bariatric doctors.....

mehita53
on 1/25/13 1:52 pm
Topic: Any advice?

Hi.  I am 13 years post op from a roux n y.  My surgeon was Dr Newhoff in Phoenix and he is no longer practicing.  In the past 10 months I have gained 60 pounds.  I just had an upper gi done and it was found that my surgery is dumping and is no longer effective.  I will need to have a revision.  I do not know of any surgeons to go to.  Can anyone recommend me to a surgeon who is in Mesa, Chandler, Scotts, or even Phoenix.  Has anyone else had any experience with a revision?