The Orange Pacific Bariatrics Support Group

Recent Posts

terryrow61
on 8/26/09 1:16 pm - Garden Grove, CA
Topic: Hello Orange Pacific Bariatrics Support Group People
Hello and whats up?  Anyone have plans for the Labor Day weekend holiday?  I am headed toward Laughlin and Arizona to visit my sister who lives in Arizona and my other sister who is flying in from Missouri.  Always a treat to see my sisters. Feel free to share by posting.
Terry
              ObesityHelp Support Group Leader

It sure is good C'ING LESS OF ME!

We could learn a lot from crayons: 
some are sharp, some are pretty, 
some are dull, some have weird names, 
& all are different colors....but they

ALL exist very nicely in the same box.

(Author Unknown)

terryrow61
on 8/21/09 4:09 am - Garden Grove, CA
Topic: Happy TGIF
Hello everyone and HAPPY TGIF.  Wishing everyone a happy, healthy and fun filled weekend!
Terry

(Author Unknown)

lorielowrider
on 7/24/09 4:41 pm - Huntington Beach, CA
Topic: RE: Hello Orange Pacific Bariatrics Support Group
Hi Terry
It's Lorie.  I'm on here, just not very often.
Should check more often, but lately spend my nights in exercise classes or support group meetings.

Laurie M.
on 7/22/09 8:53 am - Anaheim, CA
Topic: RE: Hello Orange Pacific Bariatrics Support Group
Hi terry,
I joined a month ago and now I have 2 friends who used PB for their surgery and we were looking for a support group, but this one seems very inactive or at least the group is? So whats going on with the group?

let me know
Thanks
Laurie
Laurie
5'6" -- HW 279.9/SW 270.0/CW 221.0/DGW 170/MGW 130
terryrow61
on 7/21/09 1:21 am - Garden Grove, CA
Topic: Hello Orange Pacific Bariatrics Support Group

Hello and happy Tuesday.  I just wanted to see if we have any of the Orange Pacific Bariatric Support Group people on OH. Wishing you all a happy and healthy week!
Terry

(Author Unknown)

ladifrogge2
on 4/15/09 10:20 am - Buena Park, CA
Topic: RE: Anyone out there??
Hi, Lisa: 

I am sorry it took me so long to get back to you.  I never had much success in getting my group to join my OH group site.  We use a separate none OH site.  If you would like to be included in our site, please email me directly at [email protected].  I would also like to invite you to our next support group meeting.  The majority of our members are Kaiser patients and we all had surgery through Pacific Bariatrics at Scripps Hospital in San Diego.

I don't think you would get a bad review from any of our members regarding PB.  We have all had wonderful experiences and love our doctors dearly.  We meet the second Tuesday of each month at Emeritus Senior Residence at 200 N. Dale Avenue, Anaheim, CA.  Our next meeting is May 12, 2009 from 6:30pm to 8pm.  Please join us.

terryrow61
on 4/3/09 4:18 am - Garden Grove, CA
Topic: RE: Anyone out there??
Hi Lisa and welcome to the Orange Pacific Bariatrics Support Group.  My apologies for not responding sooner.  I have been having problems accessing this site.

I had my gastric bypass on August 10, 2007.  Dr. Zorn of Pacific Bariatrics performed my gastric bypass.  He did an excellent job.  I don't think that I have met anyone that doesn't like Pacific Bariatric.  The surgeons and the staff of Pacific Bariatric Medical Group are awesome.  
Scripps hospital is great too.  I had a really good experience at Scripps hospital in San Diego.

Do you have a surgery date scheduled? Have you been to any support groups whether before or after the surgery?

If you are local, in Orange County, we do have a Support Group led by Nancy Magote on the 2nd Tuesday of each month.  The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, April 14th at 6:30 and the location is in Anaheim California.  The cross streets are Dale and Lincoln.  Feel free to join the goup.  We have people who have not yet had the surgery, had the surgery and are only a couple months out and some that had the surgery more than 2 years ago.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Terry
Lisa_T
on 3/28/09 11:14 pm - CA
Topic: Anyone out there??
Hi, I newly joined this group and I dont see any activity.  I know there are only four of us in this group.   I was wondering if any of you could tell me your experiences with PB, good and bad.  How was Scripps, any suggestions gladly appreciated.  Thanks.