2013 gastric sleevers

Groups » 2013 gastric sleever... » Discussion » looking for friends...

looking for friends

SarahI
on 4/19/13 1:58 am - Indian River, MI
VSG on 03/04/13

i got dehydrated a little because i wasn't keeping some of my food down or having hard time swallowing.  Come to find out i didn't have a stricture but i am producing extra bile because i don't have a gallbladder, (this is a rare thing, so nobody panic)  so i am taking meds right now for that and i am feeling 100% better and finally able to get food down, which helps get my water down.  

SARAH

kagomechina
on 4/19/13 6:22 am - CA

Oh ok. Well hope everything is fine now. 

Healthiernewme
on 4/22/13 5:29 am - MD
VSG on 05/09/13 with

Hi!  I'm having surgery in about 2 weeks - 37, self-pay, Dr. Alvarez - Mexico.

pld16
on 4/25/13 7:17 pm - LA
VSG on 06/06/13 with

I am also going to Dr. Alvarez in Mexico.  My surgery is scheduled June 5th. 

plo5286
on 4/24/13 11:00 am

I am 37 with ins. I just got approved this week. I am now waiting on a surgery date, hopefully in the next few weeks. I am going for the rest of my testing tomorrow!

kagomechina
on 4/24/13 1:08 pm - CA

Im so happy for everyone here. We are taking action for our health and to just be better for our loved ones. Almost here. Mexico imma coming!!

Natalie K.
on 5/13/13 3:27 pm
VSG on 06/24/13

Hi! I'm 26 and I'm going to have surgery this summer. Early this summer hopefully :) I still have a few things to do for insurance approval but I'm getting closer. I'm new to OH, too.

kagomechina
on 5/13/13 3:37 pm - CA
Congrats Natalie! I wish I got this in my 20's.
mickeyshell99
on 6/24/13 3:07 am - MI

So how is everyone doing?  I'm scheduled for surgery (sleeve) on the 2nd of July and now that it's this close, I'm more nervous than anything!  Not only about the procedure but the insurance!  How in the heck do you all know?  The surgical associates I'm going through seem to be doing everything for me (which makes feel a little bit of just being part of the herd).  I did warn them that I had better not get stuck with a $30,000.00 bill and they assured me I wouldn't (better be pro bono then...LOL).  I'm just really curious what to expect in the hospital and at home the first few weeks after if anyone would like to share! 

Sbear5
on 6/30/13 11:14 am

Hi Mickey! I have my sleeve done on 6/26/13.  I'm at home now recovering well.  If you're worried about billing, I would suggest calling the hospital tomorrow and asking someone in the billing dept if you have a co-pay.  Shouldn't be too much, if you do have one.  Also, you might bill from the anesthesiologist.  Good Luck!