Julie's foolproof jerky
Sep 19, 2016
- London broil
- Small bottle habanero sauce (I use Yucatan Sunshine)
- Large bottle cayenne sauce (I use Louisiana sauce)
- Half bottle pre-mixed Montreal Steak seasoning, regular or spicy
- Trim the fat from the london broil and slice it into thin strips, about 1/4" wide (or the width of your knife blade), at a 45-degree angle.
- Put the meat in a plastic zipper bag, and set the bag into a mixing bowl.
- Add sauce and seasoning to the bag. Zip it up, pushing out as much air as you can, and shake until everything is mixed well and coated.
- Let the bag marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Lay the strips of meat in an electric dehydrator so that nothing overlaps. Run on "high" for 8 - 10 hours, depending on how crispy you like your jerky.
One 2oz serving contains roughly 75 cal, 12g protein, 0 carbs.