UPMC St. Margaret Bariatric Surgery
UPMC St. Margaret offers a full complement of both medical and surgical weight loss options, including minimally invasive surgical approaches. With more than 300 weight loss surgeries performed by our surgeons each year, the bariatric program at UPMC St. Margaret is accredited as a Bariatric Center of Excellence by the American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery.
The bariatic surgical team at UPMC St. Margaret includes registered dietitians, nurses, exercise physiologists, psychologists, bariatric physicians, physician extenders, and bariatric and plastic surgeons. Members of the weight loss team are specifically trained in bariatrics and dedicated to the bariatric program at UPMC St. Margaret, offering both medical and surgical weight loss patients a comprehensive continuum of care, with a priority given to individualized follow-up for as long as is needed by the patient.
· Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
· Laparoscopic adjustable gastric band surgery
· Revisional surgery
Support Resources and Groups
Weight Management (Non-Surgical) Support
· One-on-one meetings with bariatric physicians to discuss non-surgical treatment options
· Dietitian and exercise physiology support services offered in groups and individually
· LEARN (Lifestyle, Exercise, Attitude, Relationships, Nutrition), a 12-week behavioral program that focuses on nutrition, exercise, and behavior management
· Educational sessions offered several times each month that include information related to surgical weight loss options
· One-on-one preoperative nutritional assessment
· 3-6 month preoperative classes designed to prepare patients for bariatric surgery as well as integrate the necessary lifestyle changes
· Appointments with exercise physiologists pre- and postoperatively as needed
· Nutritional support as needed
· Monthly support groups for both gastric bypass and lapband patients
· Regular support groups to assist patients with the psychological and emotional issues associated with obesity and weight loss
Visit our Website - Click Here
The information on this page is presented solely as a tool for public use and contains
information supplied by the owner of this profile or the members of this site. ObesityHelp.com does not monitor or edit this information.