Who Are You??? (Get to Know You)

Panda1
on 8/30/08 9:08 am - Scottsdale, AZ
I am glad to read some of the stories of the people here. I am 47, married with two kids, 12 and 16. The sixteen year old is really trying our patience to say the least. He is driving me crazy too! I have always had a tendancy towards gainning weight, did weigh****chers when I gained 40 pounds. Then after two kids, I lost the weight and got down to an ideal weight each time. Then, tragedy struck and some bad things happened, and I guess I never thought twice that all those bowls of cereal and anxiety eating would catch up to me. I am 5'6" and started my journey at 223 pounds. I tried all sorts of plans and diets.
I got a Realize band Feb. 28th of this year. I am so envious of all you RNY's for losing so quickly, but my loss is slow and steady, so that will have to be good enough. To date I have lost 27 pounds, and am in onderland!! Yeah.
I work as a nurse and squeeze excerscise in as much as I can. My goal is to get back to 140, which will look pretty darned good!
Lady Lithia
on 8/31/08 1:31 am
Panda, one thing I love is that there are so many different weight-loss-surgery options... each can choose the one that is most right for lifestyle and future plans. What's funny is that I feel like I am losing slowly most of the time.... but then when I look at the totals, I'm shocked. I'm three pounds away from my 50% EWL point, and it feels darn good. If I ignore all the hanging skin, I actually am starting to see a sexy thin woman emerging!

Nice also to meet another "local" ... I considered Blackstone but the waiting time for her would not fit in with my needs, and Dr. J. had a very good reputation too.

I think the most notable difference for me is how it has altered my own job performance. I prefer to stand rather than sit, and I'm more interactive with my students now than ever before. (I teach high school math)

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Panda1
on 8/31/08 4:50 am - Scottsdale, AZ
I have been pretty happy with her and her staff. It takes longer with a band to start losing, I just have weight loss envy of everyone who is losing faster than me! As long as I get to my goal eventually I will feel ok in the long run.
I am starting to look at my clothes and realize that some of them are just too big to keep wearing, especially my pants that keep sliding down! I am thinking of opening a box of clothes I put away because they were too small. That to me signals real progress. Keep on!
KNR727
on 9/5/08 12:25 pm - Joliet, IL
Hello everyone,
My name is Kim, I am a 39 year old sahm. I have 4 kids ranging in ages of 15-3 years and I have been happily married for 17 years.
I began this weight loss journey last August. I was denied by insurance in December but filed an appeal and thankfully was approved in Feb. 08 and had my rny surgery March 17th. Having surgery was one of the hardest but best decisions of my life. I have ups and downs with eating and ask myself often if I did the right thing. Then I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and could not be prouder of what I accomplished, it's then that I know it was worth it. I started this journey at 232 pounds and have lost a total of 80 so far. I have 10 more pounds to go before I reach the goal my doc. has set for me. I have gone from a size 24 pant to a size 10, and a 3x shirt to a large. Shopping is wonderful now, it's like a whole new world has opened up for me.
It's been a long & hard road but I think it's worth it. I hope everyone has much success on their weight loss journeys and enjoy life to the fullest.
Kim

232/132/??
sw   cw   gw
magicshadow148
on 9/15/08 4:50 pm - VA
 Hi I'm Abby, I'm 19. I'm single and a student at Mary Baldwin College. I live in Charlottesville, VA Had my lap RNY on march 18th, almost 6 mo. post op. off by 2 days. I can't wait to be in onederland. I have less then 5 lbs to go.
Benzee
on 10/25/08 11:33 pm - Highland Mills , NY
Hi everyone ,

I'm a 19 and 1/2 year veteran of the NYPD and  had the Lap band done  in March . 44 yrs old . Married for 13 years with one 4 yr old son . I'm down 102 pounds total with two week preop diet included .  This site has been excellent for info and support , as has been my twice monthly classes with Judi Lynch of The Pastoral Counseling Center in Montgomery NY . She was the first person in the country to have the revision over the bypass and  the classes are excellent .  I also host a one hour weekly radio show called " The Prime Time Show"  on WTBQ www.wtbq.com  every friday 1230-2pm EST.  We have done one show on baraitric surgery and plan to do a special  on the station soon. Plan to retire next July and travel the USA the month of August .   No major complications , the usual pbing  and stuff like that but has been going pretty good the last two months . Hello to all , Benzee
Most Active
Recent Topics
Labs
Mary G. · 0 replies · 659 views
Checking In
Janice B. · 0 replies · 910 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 774 views
A little over a year
darnold · 0 replies · 892 views
1 YR POST OP PICS
bridgetk23 · 0 replies · 968 views