Recent Posts

Ksdb8mama
on 7/18/10 10:55 pm - Marysville, KS
Topic: RE: Yoooohoooo! Any June 2010 surgery dates?
Hi!  I had gastric bypass on June 4 in Kansas.  How did you get along?  I have lost 43 lbs so far and feeling pretty good.  I still cannot tolerate anything w/big chunks--even soups.  I do throw back stuff if it's wrong.  I guess my pouch is pretty sensitive.  I am losing weight, feeling good.  My biggest hassle is getting in enough protein each day.  How about you?  I'm also a teacher, whih is why I waited for June for my surgery.
Ksdb8mama    
Ksdb8mama
on 7/18/10 10:50 pm - Marysville, KS
Topic: RE: Calories
My doctor told me not to worry about calorie count as much as staying hydrated while i was prepping for the surgery.  She also wanted me to avoid fats as much as possible, so the liver would shrink to make the surgery easier.  I was on a diabetic liquid diet, so i didn't get any sugar.  I did as much broth as I could--but i had to make my own--add some veggies to the purchased broth and let it simmer.  I ate lots of jello and sugar free pudding, etc.  I didn't have any protein shakes at that point.  I have been using the new lo-carb Slim Fast since I've been travelling--20 g protein and only 6 carbs.
Ksdb8mama    
tiffer4949
on 7/8/10 11:37 am - st cloud , FL
Topic: RE: GTube
also about the g-tube the 1st few times i drained it i was getting a signifigant amount and it was all kinds of colors but now i only get about the oz that i put in it to clean it and it is a clear color with a little bit of a blackish tint, i have not used it for meds or anything just to drain and clean it. but it is definatly the most uncomfortable thing about the surgery now that all my other issues have kinda faded away so i cant wait till the day i get it removed.

Tootles Tiffer

tiffer4949
on 7/8/10 11:14 am - st cloud , FL
Topic: RE: GTube
I had my surgery on the 30th and after my second surgery due to twisted and colapsed bowles 2 days later, at 1st i was having issues with the gtube very very uncomfortable and was still having issues with keeping things, but now that i am on day 5 from my 2nd surgery i is much much better i was at 1st thinking that i had made a big mistake but now it is starting to get better just hang in there and good luck.

Tootles Tiffer

kim H.
on 7/5/10 5:25 pm - Shinnston, WV
Topic: lap band pain
I recently had surgery on june 30th (iap band) i am experiencing alot of pain about 2 inches below where my incision site is for the band. I notice it the most when i try to lay in bed or get up from the reclining position  out of recliner.or when bending. I have no pain anywhere else not even on the actual sites. I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this pain or if its normal.. it feels like its deep under the skin like something is attached to the muscle in that area. kinda a pinch burn and stabbing pain.
Kimmie

rondo
on 7/5/10 9:33 am
Topic: RE: June 28th rny...
June 28th was a popular day for the first day of our new lives. I had my RNY also on this day. How is everyone doing so far? I go for a one week checkup in 2 days. Good Luck all!
green_eyes10766
on 7/5/10 4:48 am - redlands, CA
Topic: RE: Starting week two!!! Hurray for Puree!!
Oops I forgot to do the spell check lol.. How embarrassing!
green_eyes10766
on 7/5/10 4:47 am - redlands, CA
Topic: RE: Starting week two!!! Hurray for Puree!!
Im starting week 3. I dont have any problms with any of the foods that im aloud at this time. I am only aloud to have 2oz. at a time though. Im aloud white fish, tuna with a little of mayo in it, salmon, low fat or non fat yogert (no friut), any kind of cheese except cream cheese, mashed potatoes,cream of wheat and scrambled egg (only one at a time). Im supposed to drink proyien shakes to add up to 50 to 60 grams of protien and eat these 2oz. meals 3 to 4 times a day. It is very interresting to see the diffenaces in diet at this stage.
I now want to eat and miss being able to  just eat period. Im dealing with the head hunger realy bad now too. To be honest I realy cant tell if im realy hungrey or its just head hunger. Sometimes, its confusing.
The protien products are the thing that makes me feel sick. I am trying out a bunch of siffernt samples and finding a few that i can tilerate and also like the taste at the same time.
Oh yeah, Im not sopposed to use sesonings on my foos either (but I do anyways).

Well good luck to you and to all *****ad this, Gwen
teejones
on 7/3/10 4:53 am - Concord, NC
Topic: Calories
Can anyone help me I am not getting in enough calories on a daily basis with this two week diet? I have my surgery on next Thursday and still can't seem to get the right amount of calories the protein is going good.

andyinmco
on 7/2/10 11:36 am - DELTONA, FL
Topic: RE: Medications and stomach noises
I finially talked to the nurse. And I've felt better since I've been taking it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
lab band to gastric bypass?
prism4105 · 0 replies · 659 views
One year later
alittle110 · 4 replies · 1034 views
hibernation period
andyinmco · 1 replies · 1149 views
soft diet = soft stool?
dustmouse · 1 replies · 1028 views