Hi September buds!!!!

sueboo
on 3/4/06 9:08 am - Saugus, CA
Hey Miss Dolly! I'm sorry you've had a rough time of things of late! How scary! I've missed you also, and wondered how you've been! Good job on keeping up your exercise! Thanks for refreshing my mind about what an obstruction can feel li ke, I'll stay alert for those smptoms. I hope you have time to tell us more about your plastic surgery! How exciting!! Best wishes for a great outcome! By the way, dont apologize for your writing! You are awesome! Stay in touch with us all! Love, Susan =
Ruth S.
on 3/3/06 12:58 pm - Orlando, FL
I Know!!!!!!!!!! I decided to see how my fellow Sept buddies are since I usually stay on the Florida boards or RNY/Post op boards. I have been pretty good the vitamins though I do forget sometimes...but have slipped on the chocalates/candy since Oct and am back on the soda though not as much as I used to. It's a hard process..and I try to stay focus and work out at home. Since surgery had a gallbladder surgery and now recently had a tonsillectomy and was on medication - and recently have developed - what the nurse keeps saying is a stricture!! Can u imagine at restricture at 17 months??? Dag - I can't believe it's 17 months!!! Anyway..now Im curious cause I did the barium test and I was able to drink 40 oz (though slowly) andthe CT was normal but still have the situation - so next week I get scoped to have the doc see clearly whas up cause I had a 911 emergency (or so I thought) and yet they did nothing in the hospital. The stabbing pain is in my abdomin and the last episode i had for 4 hours with vomiting, dizziness and sweats..and now I see the last post - but I don't think it's an obstruction..I am able to drink liquids and light stuff...but anything heavier..i get pain...my friends say it's an ulcer but the doc's office says a stricture...I guess i'll know more when i have the scope but now it's been 3 weeks on "liquids" and am going crazy!!
sueboo
on 3/4/06 9:13 am - Saugus, CA
Hi Ruth! chocolate. good for you? yes. trouble area? sure can be! Be careful re: stricture or whatever is going on with you. Get attention for any little concern you have! Dont worry about being a worrywart! We have to look out for ourselves. Good job on the working out at home. Keep up the good work on that! I hope to hear good news regarding your condition very soon! Take Care of yourself and I hope you feel better very soon! Love, Sue
swimmom20878
on 3/8/06 10:01 am - Gaithersburg, MD
Hey Hey Miss Sue Boo! I have not been on the boards in months but have thought about you and all my other obesityhelp friends often! So nice to catch up on what's goin' on. I promise to check in more often if you guys and gals do too!!! I hit my goal of mid to high 120's by one year anniversary and had tummy tuck, breast reduction, and massive hernia repair in November. I took 4 weeks off and am so insanely happy with the results. I am a perky 34C (NO implants, just reduction and lift) and my tummy is flat flat flat. I'm in 4's and 6's in pants and skirts and smalls on top. Even my shoe size went from 8 1/2 to 7 1/2! I couldn't work out for 12 weeks after reconstructive surgery so just did alot of walking. Now I'm back to working out almost every day. I go to my neighborhood gym at 5 am. I have to be home by 6 am with the kiddies cuz that's when hubby leaves for work. Then I get the kids off to school and I leave for work. Fortunately I'm home by 3 in the afternoon. I actually have more energy all day from working out early AND most importantly I make way better food choices when I work out early. Before I put something in my mouth I think twice about do I really want to undo all the hard work I did so early in the morning??? The answer is sometime yes (!) but usually it's "no!" All in all, I've been maintaining but I know it will always be a struggle. I am somewhat addicted to food and even though I have drastically and permanently changed my eating habits I still fight urges each and every day and probably always will. I still start each day with a protein shake, I love the IDS powder, especially the belgian chocolate and cappuccino. I mix it in the blender with 1/2 a banana or a cup of strawberries or blueberries and water and ice cubes. A big filling shake to start the day and get 26 grams of protein in. I try and take all my vitamins. Most days I succeed, some days I fall short with the calcium. I still try not to eat after 8 pm. That's key for me. Gotta run, SO great to hear from you! LOVE, Sandy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 882 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 817 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 876 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1132 views