Calories for Maintenance

ncarter11
on 5/27/06 10:36 pm - Edmonds, WA
You've done awesome! Congrats on your WL, Lynn! People are funny about my weight too. Most are busy trying to adjust to my new size. I take what most say with a grain of salt. Where are YOU comfortable? I am 5'4". I settled in at 135-140 range and want to stay here. I wear a size 6. I was happy and content at every size from about 16 on down! I was just so happy to be a normal size. I am still shocked at how small I am. The brain is a funny thing tho. While I am totally thrilled at being here I sometimes think about being smaller... I'm still working on the right combinations of foods to maintain. I've been at this weight for about 8 months now. Exercise makes all the diff for me. Does walking hurt? So sorry about your arthritis. Have a WONDERFUL day!
Lynn J
on 5/28/06 11:41 am - LA
Nancy, Have you had a tummy tuck yet? I really need one because my pants don't fit right. I have so much excess skin on my tummy that I have to get a size 8 pants to fit my tummy and then the rest of the pants look big. My insurance won't cover a tummy tuck so it's going to be awhile until I can afford it. I read your profile and your pictures are awesome. You inspire me to walk more often. My husband and I walked today. I am going to try and walk every day instead of the 3 times a week we have been doing. My only problem is I can't walk alone. If my husband is too tired, I can't go. I live in a suburb of New Orleans and there are so many strangers in town doing repairs on the homes. Recently a lady was walking at a local park at night and a construction worker from out of town raped her and beat her to death. She had gone with her son and his friend and got separated when they went ahead jogging. So my husband won't let me walk alone even during the day. Take care, Lynn J., lap RNY 9/29/04 -159 lbs.
ncarter11
on 5/30/06 3:48 am - Edmonds, WA
I haven't had any reconstructive work. I'd like to, but who wouldn't?! There's no way I could get insurance to pay unless I had a hernia or something. I don't like the skin. I have very little fat around my waist The skin on my lower abdomen does not have a lot of fat in it so it squeezes into my clothes pretty well. Few people would guess that I have so much tucked into my drawers!! My arms are very wrinkly, saggy, and icky too. I just try and ignore it. Today I carried a 50lb bag of dogfood into the house. Just about 25 feet and 3 steps up to the front landing. My knees were screaming - I can't believe I used to carry around nearly 3 times that all the time! Those are the kinds of thing that I try and think about to help me deal with the leftover skin. Perhaps you can find a walking group/club in your area. Call a local walking or running store - they usually know about those things! You are very smart not to hike it alone! It's just not safe. Sounds like even more so in your area! Walking with friends is so much more fun, anyway! Hope you are able to find something that works for you! Blessings and Happy Monday! Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Writing a book
GloryGirl · 2 replies · 884 views
Sad - no posts since 2008!
Ruth S. · 1 replies · 820 views
HAPPY SurgeryVersary!
TberryRose · 0 replies · 877 views
FYI: Gastroparesis and WLS
SUPERMANs_Wife · 1 replies · 1133 views