Pre-Op Mental Crisis

dlhelmick
on 8/28/04 6:58 am - Lehigh Acres, FL
Hi everyone! I think we've found this to be a normal trend here...something we're all going thru right now for the same reasons I think. I would say let it ride until the time comes to start any Pre-Op diets that your surgeon suggests. Mine wants me to start ASAP so I am starting now although am planning a cheat night next Fri. for my last big meal out. Just try to have the best discretion you can. Take care! Danielle
(deactivated member)
on 8/30/04 11:30 am - Shakopee, MN
Its been awhile since the original post was posted - but I thought I'd put in my two cents worth. I went thru this for like two weeks, I couldn't help myself. At first I just gave myself permission to do things like have ice cream once last time or that new flavor of reese's peanut butter cup - but then I noticed that that quickly jumped up to eating whatever and whenever I wanted. Luckily, I didn't gain any weight. Another thing - after about a week and a half food started turning into a very nauseating idea. When I was at two weeks I literally could not even think of eating food and spontaneously my diet changed and its been that way ever since. That was almost two weeks ago that I overdosed on crap food and I'm glad that I did because now I know that I'm NOT going to miss any of that food, at all - or at least for quite some time. I still have a month left before my surgery date and now I am feeling very confident in my ability to do make the necessary changes, whereas before I was worried that I was only kidding myself. But one thing I've also been lucky enough to witness for myself in the past week is postops eating. They eat just like we do - just smaller portions - NORMAL portions. My bariatric nurse told me that within a year of the surgery we are eating the same portions every man, woman and child should be eating but in society today our ideal of portions is so skewed that we feel like we're being deprived if we eat anything less. I, for one, do hope that I get dumping syndrome. But if I don't, I'm comforted in the knowledge that this surgery will not deprive me in any way, but make me live without being a slave to food. Many blessings to all, Rachel
Tomeka J.
on 9/3/04 4:06 am - Detroit, MI
I've been crying a lot. I never cry! but since I have been on this quest to have WLS I have been very inward. I don't call my friends or family and I have ceased to go to church. Is this normal?
(deactivated member)
on 9/3/04 5:17 am - Northfield, MN
I have the same problem! My date is Oct. 6th, and I've been eating everything! I was supposed to lose weight, but I couldn't so I've been eating away! I'm not looking forward to the pre-op liquid diet. I also started to smoke! I know that I am sooo bad but I am soooo nervous! I think I cry everyday! Sorry I had to post! Good luck Maria
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years post op & 80 lbs gained
jdelany · 1 replies · 1101 views
Cravings
J P. · 1 replies · 693 views
checking in
tinktee · 1 replies · 813 views
Checking in, it's been awhile
heather0824 · 0 replies · 580 views