Recent Posts

M. Sprague
on 6/1/03 7:08 pm - Ina, IL
Topic: RE: Helloooo Out There!!!
Hi and Congrads to all that have lost and are winners by losing!!!! I have lost a total of 124 lbs couting weight loss right before surgery! I am so happy to have lost all this weight! I am also scared that it is gonna slow down. I have a pretty hard time getting in my protein, but i am gonna try harder! My hair loss slowed down a bit after getting my hair cut really short. But i think i look great! My hair can always grow back! I am always up for good recipes myself! Or tips at getting all the protein i can get!! HUGS to all of you and email me if you like! [email protected]
ericklein
on 5/28/03 12:52 pm - Mission Viejo, CA
Topic: ObesityHelp Magazine is waiting for you!
Our Own Magazine Has Arrived. We've been busy since January putting together our first copy of our quarterly magazine and it's now available for ordering. Click here to order your subscription today. Proceeds from all subscriptions go to the Association for Morbid Obesity Support. Make the investment in both our community as well as your ongoing education in WLS. Recipes, hospital reviews, surgeon scoring, humor, inspiring photos, quality articles, and much more. All these are waiting to reach your door. Rather than produce just a newsletter, we went all out and produced a 64 page magazine for you. Spread the word, ObesityHelp Magazine is available for the community.
Sarah A.
on 5/27/03 4:37 am - Maysville, KY
Hey, It's great to hear all you November dates are doing so well too. I had my surgery on November 26th, 2002. As of Easter, I was down 106 lbs. I know I'm down more now, but haven't been able to weigh myself since then. I've been out of state visiting my family. My mother doesn't believe in scales. But I go home this weekend and I have a Drs. appointment June 3rd. I'm looking forward to it. I still have a ways to go. About 150 lbs. But I feel so much better already. I look better and have oodles more energy. Which is great because I have a 2 year old boy. Anyway, glad to hear everyone is doing so well.
WABBIT F.
on 5/26/03 4:52 am - Mount Holly, VT
Hello, just stumbled across this page somehow...thought I would give my updates to all you Novemeber babes....I had Lap RNY Nov 18th......All is well ! No problems- I eat well, most days I feel well- I have lost 105lbs, would like to lose 47 more to make it to my personal goal. Hope all is well, would love to hear from anyone. Kim 327/222/175
Barbara B.
on 5/24/03 5:27 am - Wentzville, MO
Hi there! Happy 1/2 anniversary to all of you. I had my lap band surgery on 11/20/02 and am down 89 pounds. I started at a size 28 jean and 30-32 (4-5X) top, and am down to size 18 jeans and size 1X top. I can't wait to start shopping in the regular size women's clothing department. I still have 71 more pounds to get to goal, but I'll get there eventually, as we all will! Continued good luck to each and every one of you! Barb B., lap band 11/20/02, Dr. de la Torre, 322/233/less than 200
LMCLILLY
on 5/22/03 9:14 am - Central, CT
Topic: RE: happy six month anniversary ...
Hi Sherell! Congrats on your great progress. DOn't sweat it, you'll get going in no time. What you should try is changig up your routine. Try actually taking in a few hundred MORE (yes, I said more) calories. It will trick your body into letting go of some fat and not think it's starving. It you walk, try doing something more aerobic for this week, once or twice. Double (if you can!) your water intake. Just shake it up a bit and do something different to get your body going again. Having said that- it's perfectly normal for the bod to take a 'rest' after 6 months! Good luck!
stwine
on 5/21/03 5:41 am - chespeake, VA
Topic: happy six month anniversary ...
happy six month anniversary to all my november surgeries.. I need some help.. Im afraid that im about to slow down.. i had surgery on 11/14/2002.. ive lost 75 pounds.. im happy .. dont get me wrong.. but i havent lost any weight since may 14th.. i know its only been like a week.. but im scared im about to slow down.. and i dont need to slow down yet.. i still got some weight to loose.. im doing everything i suppose to do.. water. protein(from food) no shakes.. cant stand them.. and walk walk walk.. everyone tells me i need to do more.. exercising.. i know i should.. ill try .. does anyone eles have this same fear..????
stwine
on 5/21/03 5:38 am - chespeake, VA
im sooo scared im about to slow down,.. First let me say happy six month anniversary to all my november buddies.. cause if you had surgery in 2002 your in your six month stage.. and i know it feelssss GREAT!!! also im down 75 pounds which i should be happy right.. WRONG.. i havent lost any weight in one week.. i know i shouldnt be freaking out, but i am.. i wanna loose some more weight.. im drinking my water.. im eating my protein, and i walk walk walk.. i know i need to do weights or something different.. I know the answer to my questions.. but i just wanted to get some kicks in the butt from my weight lost sistas and brothers.. Thanks for listening.. Ps.. i dont know any good protein shakes.. they ALL make me sick.. All of them
Marcia M.
on 5/20/03 3:01 am - Somerset, NJ
Revision on 02/20/12
5/20/03, Well I stumbled across this page today. So far I have RELEASED 95 lbs (THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!) and 50 more until my goal. This is the best I have felt in my life. My clothing situation is sad, everytime I turn around things are not fitting properly. I am enjoying shopping for new clothes now size 14 some 16 from 24/26 but I am not enjoying the credit card bill (smile). So far so good, no problems eating anything but I am limiting my sugar, just a bite here and therewhen I get a STRONG never half or all of anything. I admit I have not been strict with myself as far as food, now I am trying to get more water/protein since I am now at the 6 month mark and everything I do makes a difference. I joined WOW last week and I plan on working out more to get the last 50 lbs off and tone up. The only down side is my hair is thining some and stretch marks yuck yuck... but it is better than having all of the weight. I hope everyone else is doing well, good luck to you all. I see so many inspirational people on this site. It really is theraputic to know that there are others like yourself. Keep on striving toward greatness
ckmccall
on 5/18/03 11:50 am - Otis, CO
Hi all you November sibs! So exciting to have this new forum! I had lap rny Nov 13 at Penrose in Co Springs. Have lost 99.5lbs so far. Just .5 away from the century club and it's driving me crazy!!! Maybe by tomorrow. It's amazing how much more energy I have, I outplay my 3 kids! Have about 40lbs to goal, hopefully will reach that by one year anniversary. Look forward to reading all the stories from the other November surgeries! Happy Losing
Most Active
Recent Topics
7 years out and doing great
Linda W. · 0 replies · 530 views
almost 5 years out
Ray S. · 5 replies · 1064 views
4 years out!
Sandra C. · 1 replies · 641 views