Recent Posts

Countrygirl1566
on 11/29/10 3:48 am - IN
Topic: RE: November 23
Saw that you were having surgery Nov 23.  How did everything go?  Feeling ok?  Mine is set for Dec 29th. 
Kimberly C.
on 11/29/10 1:18 am - Dubuque, IA
Topic: RE: I GOT A DATE!!
Thanks everyone, I can NOT believe it is tomorrow already!!!

HUGS and PRAYERS for all!!
                                                             Kim
                                          Surgery is set for November 30, 2010!!
                                 Crossing Fingers & Toes all goes as planned!!!
heavydutyaaa
on 11/28/10 6:52 am - Montreal, WI
Topic: RE: November 23!!!!!! The big day
Surgery went well nothing but good to say about the care I received in Eau Claire, WI!! I went home on Thanksgiving day with my girlfriend/nurse who had a vsg 6 months ago what a thanksgiving dinner cream of chicken soup and a couple of home made crab rangoons for her!!! All is going well so far liquids are getting to be a challenge to get in but I hear thats normal
xmichi143x
on 11/27/10 10:37 pm - FL
Topic: VSG Tomorrow!
 So nervous!! Any other tomorrow? 
 " Gonna make a change ; gotta start with yourself ;)'

Kikisdad
on 11/27/10 2:37 pm - Garden Grove, CA
Topic: RE: Surgery 1wk ago- Anyone smell things differently?
I had my RNY on November 2.  The first couple of weeks I had ketosis so bad it added a bad smell and taste to everything, but it has resolved.  I had tuna for the first time today and it tasted wonderful
Larry
ARM
on 11/27/10 1:20 pm - Brooklyn, NY
Topic: RE: I having surgery November 29th
HEY! My Revision is 11/29 also! Wow I wish u The Best! :)
Kariszma83
on 11/27/10 4:06 am - Berwyn, IL
Topic: RE: hungry already
I had surgery on the 8th of November and got my hunger back within a week....It was pretty depressing. Just tell your girl to keep to the portion amounts she's supposed to be having and it tames the hunger. I finish eating my 4 ounces and it still takes at least 5 minutes for the full feeling to set it, but it does set in. She will get used to it! Good luck!

poneil39
on 11/26/10 5:29 am - st clair, MI
Topic: 2 days to go
two days to go having hard time starting this diet
kwinkleman
on 11/23/10 9:33 pm - FL
Topic: RE: November 29th
 Hello Lisa.  I had blood work done, an EKG, and a chest x-ray.  Everything is good to go I guess as I have not heard from anybody since I was there on the 18th.   It was really weird as one of the doctors and the registration people didn't even know I was suppose to be there and then they made a comment that my surgery had been rescheduled which is not correct so that had me a little worried.  My blood pressure was through the roof due to all the stress and confusion.
I have tried body fortress and click protein and I don't like either one.  I have the flavored syrups....they don't seem to help at all.  Do you know what time your surgery is on Monday?  I have to call Sunday night around 7pm to get the time for mine.  I wish you the very best of luck.  Stay in touch our day is almost here.
jlc1972
on 11/23/10 5:39 am
Topic: RE: Surgery 1wk ago- Anyone smell things differently?
I had my sleeve done on the 9th and am so glad I do not have to worry about thanksgiving over eating.
As far as smells yes they are intense and also my taste buds seemed to have changed. Chicken bouillon was good to me prior to surgery now I can't even smell it.
The protein shakes I drank prior to surge that I liked, I am forcing down.

A little different but definitely doable.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Checking in
dlp5510 · 1 replies · 977 views
Hey
jmshadowdancer · 0 replies · 1264 views
nausea is back at 7mos.
dlp5510 · 0 replies · 976 views
One-derland!
Kariszma83 · 1 replies · 950 views
VSG Tomorrow!
xmichi143x · 0 replies · 1060 views