My first appointment today - some questions answered

Mel_Be_Ti
on 1/10/12 12:51 pm
Oh good. Thanks for your info on the gastro. It makes me feel a little better about it.

I am hoping to lose quickly.  I need to set up my bowflex.  I moved in April and sadly my bowflex is still in pieces in the basement.  Pathetic, yes. This year I was more focused on feeding my feelings than working out.  Now I am trying to change that.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Mel
uner
on 1/10/12 12:52 pm - Canada
Hey Mel,

Thanks for asking about the wine etc. That really helps me out. I don't really drink that much but I was trying to do the 1 cup thing over Christmas and that was killer and everywhere we went we had wine etc which is when I realized I never asked about that. So thank you for doing that. Good luck with beginning the 1 cupper! 

Mel_Be_Ti
on 1/11/12 11:45 am
Hi! You are welcome. I was glad to find that out for you. 

Thank you. The nurse suggested that I take this week to look through the grocery store and think about the one cup and meal ideas.  She said I could start it now or in a week and a half when I meet with the surgeon.  I would like to start Monday. 

Today I did a one cup test run...I ate breakfast (Special K Satisfaction) at 6 am and found that around 10 am I needed something so i tried a few almonds and then I ate one cup of tuna salad for lunch and then by 2 or 3 I had a few more almonds.  I ended up getting a headache and I wasn't focused. That worries me when at work because I want to be on the ball, thinking quickly. 

But I refuse to give up.  Going through this will be worth it in the end.
Most Active