Quite Disappointed

Keelan
on 4/24/12 11:52 pm
Kellie,

I'm not exactly sure of what the wait time are right now cause I had my surgery 19 months ago. I do know that before they will accept you into the clinic that you have to have done the modules and that you should be under supervision of your doctor for wieght issues following a plan for 6 months. I waited 14 months from referral to my first appointment but I know they get you in much faster now and like I said previously they are awesome. The clinic and sure saved my life.
You should be able to find more info for the Weight wise program by going on the Alberta Health web site.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

Speedtrap
on 4/25/12 12:36 am - Canada
VSG on 11/09/12
The wait time is not too bad right now,
I was reffered to the clinic in Oct 2011, I took almost all the classes in the next few months.  I got my first Clinic visit in March, and have had a few since then.  I am meeting the surgon for the first meeting with him in march and I could have surger as early as July or Aug if all goes well.

So if you are committed and follow the program it could be as little as 9 months from referal to surgery, if there are things they want you to work on it might be a bit longer.

The edmonton program is wonderful and if you can travel up for appointments I would recomend trying it.
Denise_in_Calgary
on 4/27/12 8:28 am - Canada
 I am going to look more into the Edmonton program too. The surgeon figures I am a good candidate for surgery but I likely won't make the cut this time around (they only have funding for 25 surgeries this go around). The surgeon said to make sure to sign up for the Calgary program again next time but it's frustrating when they have so few surgeries to "award". 

Tige-Girl
on 4/28/12 12:41 pm - Canada
I totally agree with Kee. I started the Edmonton program initially in 2009. I got into the clinic autumn 2010, had my VSG Nov. 2011. Since then the program has expanded and the wait times lessened. They set you up for success with their support and modules. I'm down a total of 65 lbs since I joined the program (40 post op since Nov.) and am a size 12 now. Don't take short cuts, the prep time ensures long term success!  
Most Active