Where are you MA?

Queen JB
on 7/30/15 5:21 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Congrats on going for your revision. I am 10 days out and already a THOUSAND times happier than I was with the band! I can swallow without pain! I have no desire to vomit everyone something passes my lips!

I had my original surgery at Tufts with Dr Julie Kim. She now splits her practice between Tufts and Mount Auburn, so I had my revision done there. She is fantastic--couldn't recommend her more. And Mount Auburn was great too.

I have a close friend who had a Bypass done at Lowell about 5 years ago. She was very happy there, too.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Lisa09
on 8/1/15 3:32 pm - NH

So glad to hear you're doing so well 10 days out. How's the pain? They did the band removal and the bypass on the same day, right? I'm just over the border in Salem, NH.  Where are you?

Queen JB
on 8/2/15 4:57 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yes, band removal, plus RNY, and they found a surprise hernia to repair.

I am literally amazed at how little pain I have experienced--especially in comparison to when I had the band placed. The first few days were rough, no doubt. It kind of felt like I had done a million sit ups and my abs were wrecked! Hard to get in and out of chairs and I could only sleep on my back for about a week, because it hurt too much to lay on my sides. The incisions hurt a bit, and lord knows I was exhausted for a week! ...but it was really no big deal. I was 100% off all pain meds after one week, and no napping after being home for a few days. I'm taking 2 more weeks off from work because I am really focusing on getting the nutrition habits down before I start a crazy regime back to work,  it physically, I feel well enough to be back, already. 

I live in Acton, MA, but I consult for several school districts in the state, so I travel around a lot. I spend most of my time on the North Shore, so Salem isn't far from where I log lots of work hours :)

Greerdans
on 8/13/15 5:58 pm
RNY on 08/17/15

Lisa I'm having RNY 8/17 at Lowell General.  I am also a revision from a band.  Had it for about 10 years and really looking forward to getting it out. Originally I wanted the sleeve, but with diabetes and high blood pressure, RYN was highly recommended. Have you had your surgery yet? 

Lisa09
on 8/13/15 6:34 pm - NH

I haven't had surgery yet. I'm in the 3 months of lap band 'clinic' and will meet the surgeon on 8/27. Did it take long for you to go through the process?  Best of luck w your surgery. How exciting!

Greerdans
on 8/14/15 6:20 am
RNY on 08/17/15

No, it didn't take long at all.  When I finished the 3 months, my surgery was approved in a week.  I'm a bit nervous now as it's getting closer. 

MaronitaMay
on 8/21/15 12:34 am

I've not had revision, but would love to get together with others who've had WLS and exercise.  I live in Quincy, if anyone is interested.

Sandy E.
on 11/10/15 8:04 am - Hyannis, MA

I live on the Cape but will have my revision surgery (lap band to RNY) done at  St. E's. I had my band done in 2008 and have had problems with reflux, aspiration pneumonia and thrush in my esophagus for the past 2 years. My surgical date is Dec. 14th 2015. Very excited for this second chance. I don't know of any support groups in the mid cape area, but I do  find reading everyone's posts very informative, encouraging, inspiring and motivational. I look forward to what lies ahead!!

Queen JB
on 11/10/15 9:34 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Congrats! My revision is the best thing I've ever done for myself. Ask your surgeon if he/she can recommend any support groups on the Cape. I love OH but nothing beats in person support!

If you are ever able to come to our Mount Auburn group, we meet Wednesday's at 6pm in Waltham. No meeting this week due to the holiday, though.

PUGGLESPUPS
on 11/29/15 11:45 am - MA

I'm on the South Coast of Mass.  still on the journey of surgery.  Hoping for Feb or March.  would be nice if we had More Mass. people here..

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 611 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2181 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4364 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4493 views