day 14 pre op diet, surgery tomorrow

alle
on 6/25/12 9:41 am
RNY on 05/15/12
 Wow Tiffany surgery day is here! You're the first one of the day so your wait won't be very long.  You're gonna rock this and be on your way to a healthier and slimmer you in no time.  
Robynjoy I was in the same position,  I met with Dr. Hardy too and didn't meet Dr. Andrew until right before the surgery and I was very impressed.  He has a great bedside manner and the nurses seem to have a lot of respect for him.  

Referred March 2/11,  Group Orientation Nov. 4 /11, Surgery date May 15/12  RNY    
Robynjoy
on 6/25/12 10:31 am - Anola, Canada
Thanks,
It is good to know I am not the only one that was seen by Dr Hardy.  It really calms the nerves.
It is so nice to see quite a few people lately are moving to the losers bench.

Maybe this time next year we should plan a trip to the states for a shopping trip as we will
be real hot mama's.  Robynjoy
   Your just about there Tiffany, you did it!!
               HW 275 lbs   CW 240 lbs   Pre op W 224.5 lbs   NUT 165 lbs   My Goal 145 lbs

Referral letter May 2010
Letter I met criteria Oct 6, 2010 Group Session Aug 2011
 Physic Dec 2011
Nut Jan 2012 1st Surgery Date Jun 12/12 Canceled 
NEW SURGERY Date July 3/12                                                        
Who would ever think they would say they wanted to be on the loosers bench? We Do!  

BCwaiting
on 6/25/12 12:04 pm - Canada
Robynnjoy, Glad you enjoyed the Chai tea shakes, they were my favorite. I made a bunch on pureed soups like carrot and ginger , tomato and carrot and just mixed veg but pureed and froze them all in yogurt containers. I was dying of thirst all the time so frozen Popsicles were nice as sipping that little bit of water never quenched my thirst..Make sure you have protein powder, which I added to my soup after I heated them up. I still add protein to most stuff. I bought UNFLAVOURED on line at well.ca as Vanilla protein doesn't taste very good in some foods. I add Vanilla protein to plain yogurt and then it takes like the vanilla yogurt, but less calories. I found post op much harder than pre op as you can only have such a small amount at a time and it was a bit frustrating as I never felt satisfied. Good luck next weekend don't worry about it. Barb C.

referral April/2011 Weight 230 lbs.,orientation Nov 30/2011, surgeon Jan 4/2012, Psych Feb 2, Dietician March 15, physical Apr 12, Surgery VSG May 29/2012,
pre-op weight 180 lbs. ,         
BCwaiting
on 6/25/12 12:13 pm - Canada
PS , you might want to have prune juice at home too for when you get home. I found it hard to take metamucil with such a little bit of water, so took prune juice instead. Barb C

referral April/2011 Weight 230 lbs.,orientation Nov 30/2011, surgeon Jan 4/2012, Psych Feb 2, Dietician March 15, physical Apr 12, Surgery VSG May 29/2012,
pre-op weight 180 lbs. ,         
BCwaiting
on 6/25/12 11:49 am - Canada
Congrats on surgery tomorrow. All I can say is my surgery went perfect DR Andrew did it. I also just met him that morning as I too saw Dr Hardy. He seems very nice. I am actually back to see him this week for my follow up. Don't try to sip too much, too quickly. I ended up throwing it up a few times, then ended up staying an extra day cause I was so nauseous after that. I came home Thursday night after I knew I could keep stuff down. The only pain I ever really had is when I sipped too fast, and when I threw up and slight pulling when I tried getting out of bed. Found it easier to cough when I was standing so every time I went to the bathroom, I stood there and tried coughing. I get to start my soft food tomorrow ( 3 weeks post surgery) and I am so looking forward to that. You will know what I mean when you are home and start your food phases. Again, don't worry about the surgery...I had more pain with a sliver in my finger! PS try the chai tea shakes when you get home, they were my favorite. Barb C.

pre-op weight 180 lbs. ,         
Alvina300
on 6/25/12 12:34 pm - Canada
Hi Barb

Where did you get the chai tea shakes?

Thanks
Alvina
BCwaiting
on 6/26/12 3:00 am - Canada
just make a pot of chai tea ( chai tea bags). Cool the tea in fridge and then instead of water, use your tea in the shake...I also added 3 or 4 ice cubes to blender and it made it really frothy. you don't need to add anything else as the protein mix is sweet enough.
Barb C

pre-op weight 180 lbs. ,         
Most Active