Support Group in Grand Island

papanpez
on 4/20/10 3:45 pm - Grand Island , NE
I called before Christmas and was supposed to start going after I got back from Vacation clear back in Jan. but life moved on and I got busy, same old story... But I still wana go too! I got my date coming up here soon and am gonna need all the outside support I can get! Most of my family is pretty spread out, and my in laws are closer to me but, I'm hearing about thing being said while I;m not around that scares me, and make me worry about how supportive they will be during all this. I think they are gonna be helpful as far as taking care of their son and brother (my husband) but that's probably it. I shouldn't let it worry me too much but its getting close and I'm getting VERY nervous!
Anyhow (maybe I need to address the above in another forum too!), back to the meetings, I believe it is the 1st and 3rd Sat of each month. I can't remember if I got that info from the other poster above or if it was coming from St. Francis.

Don't dig your grave with your own knife and fork.

Gary82343
on 4/24/10 12:53 pm - Grand Island, NE
I am looking for a meeting in GI as well. Have attended in Kearney, Hastings and in Lincoln. I am new on this site and will get better at it.
Gary
sholman
on 4/27/10 4:41 am
Would everyone who is interested in starting a support group in Grand Island, please email me at [email protected]. While I can't lead the group, I can assist you in getting started. If we have 3-4 people that is a great start. We also need a place such as the hospital or a church where you could meet free of charge. Looking forward to getting a group up and running. GI - you can do it!!!!!
papanpez
on 4/28/10 1:31 pm, edited 4/28/10 1:33 pm - Grand Island , NE
There is one! I said previously that I had called St. Francis and got info about it way back in Dec. so I decided to look to see if they didn't have any info online about it. Well heres what I found:

Weight Loss "New Life"

A support group formed for people in Nebraska who are either seeking to have Weight Loss Surgery or who have already had Weight Loss Surgery. We come together to share information and provide support and encouragement. Meets the first and third Monday of the month at 7 p.m. at Saint Francis Memorial Health Center (2116 W. Faidley Ave.), Conference Room C. For more information, contact Pat Mattky at (308) 385-5990 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (308) 385-5990      end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

I Found it at the hospital website but heres the direct link:

http://www.saintfrancisgi.org/page.php?pgID=72&catID=6&pgSub=10

I'm not positive that this info is up to date but it's what I found and does go with what they told me when I called the hospital.

Hey whats say all us Cental Nebraskans asking about it show up to the next one! It only next Monday!!! shouldn't be that hard for us to remember!  I'd love to meet you all there!

Don't dig your grave with your own knife and fork.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Newbie Question
elowe · 0 replies · 4746 views
Insurance
Tashac · 1 replies · 5901 views
Party Time!
monymony · 0 replies · 6241 views
NE health care exchanges
dhomaha · 0 replies · 6312 views