New to NJ board

cielle
on 10/19/11 12:11 pm
 Hi Nikki,

I lost a close friend since having my surgery. It really stinks, as she was one of the few IRL friends that knows about my surgery. She is also struggling with her weight and I don't think she could deal with what I was going through.

Best of luck in your journey.

Cielle
big_ideas
on 10/19/11 11:39 pm - Randolph, NJ
Cielle, I'm really very sorry to hear this. You seem like such a sweet and gentle soul and you deserve to have good friends to support you and be enthusiastic for you. I think its very compassionate of you (and emotionally healthy) that you are not taking it personally, but rather recognizing that this is about her, not you.

Perhaps someday in the future she will be at peace with her issues and can rejoin you in your life. I resolved a really hurtful issue with a once-dear friend that I mourned for 30 years. It was a very lovely sense of resolution and closure that I never expected to happen.

I hope that your weight loss is going well, that this is overall a positive and exciting adventure, and that you feel healthy and strong. Please drop me a line and let me know how you're doing, or better yet, lets try to see each other at an upcoming IGT!

hugs,
Linda

Most Active