Are we ever allowed? ( funny)

Karen M.
on 7/29/14 8:53 am - Mississauga, Canada

Yes - perhaps there's a reason that pasta isn't listed in your bariatric bible? lol

I think it's great that you come and ask questions! I hope that we can responsibly give you decent answers. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

birdiegirl
on 7/29/14 8:00 pm

The other important factor to this whole discussion is "are you at goal?".......I work the program like Karen and Kelly......

Things change between year 2 and 3....and if you are not prepared for it ...well it can hit you hard and you wake up wondering how you gained X amount of pounds

I cant stress enough how important it is to get to goal...and in my opinion as quickly as possible....as your willpower will generally waver....( Karen you are a rarity losing into your 3rd year).....

Moderation is great if you can handle it.....I cannot....there is nothing moderate about my lifestyle now.....in that I MUST log my food daily to keep focused on what I eat and my caloric consumption

There is nothing I will not eat..but what it is makes the difference between a bite or two on occasion VS the main portion of my day.....this is how I live MY life......

I could go on and on about this...lol.....but I wont bore you further.....if you get one thing out of this......please get the statement "are you at goal?" as the primary idea......do you want to be one of those who don't get to goal by 2 years out?....( and I realize you can get there eating pasta etc......but I also assure you it will be there waiting for you when you get to goal)

You have ONE CHANCE to optimize your honeymoon period.......

Karen M.
on 7/29/14 9:37 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Yes, yes, yes and YES. I was trying to be kind about the whole "are you at goal" thing - what I'm finding more and more lately that 30-40 pounds above a "normal BMI" is okay with people, they're considering that "goal". I was thrilled with my weight loss at 40 pounds over a normal BMI - it was a huge accomplishment. But I wasn't done and my body agreed.

Anyway. I've been here and leading a support network long enough to know that no matter your experience, success, care and advice you offer, people will do what they want anyway.

I may be a rarity, Barb, but I don't think I have to be. I see many people hit maintenance at "goal" and then up their calories to maintain, instead of letting their bodies rest where they set themselves naturally.

Just my opinion of course.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics