What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu, RNYers?

Au_Contraire
on 11/29/19 11:35 am

That pic!!! Still laughing here!

catwoman7
on 11/29/19 1:41 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I love this pic!!

Partlypollyanna
on 11/29/19 2:11 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

That picture is fantastic!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Maddymoe2
on 11/29/19 9:15 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning everyone. I am sitting here drinking coffee in front of the fire and I am filled with such gratitude and peace. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It was just the 5 of us. I couldn't of asked for a better day, surrounded by the people I love the most.

My daughters dog Penelope, aka Nellie is hanging out with Josie and I today.

The wood floor that I found after I ripped the carpet out of my bedroom. Its the original from the 50's. Its a little beat up, but I love it and all its character.

QOTD- My mental health is something I am so grateful for. This year has been hard dealing with old trauma. I feel like I have been working on it forever. I finally feel like I am in a good place and I am free. I like being 45. I don't have a lot to do with extended family or my siblings. As a child, the holidays were always so traumatic for me. I would have to go to my Grandparents house and fight off the molesters. I hope me writing that doesn't make anyone uncomfortable, but it's my truth. Even in my 30's I struggled with the holidays, many family dinners I would find myself in the closet crying and hiding. I always felt there was a black cloud over me. Yesterday when we were all around the table eating, my daughter commented on how proud she was of me. Letting go of that **** is hard. Trauma changes us. Those people no longer have a hold on me. I will no longer carry that shame, I am free! So, my little family may be few, but we are we are so mighty. I have broken the cycle of abuse and addiction. And I will be forever grateful that I was strong enough to do it.

Accountability- I did well yesterday. I didn't feel out of control or like I overate.

Food for today-

2 c. black coffee, miralax

1 egg, 3 oz black forest ham

Low carb wrap, turkey, low sugar cranberry sauce, spinach, red onion

baked halibut and roasted brussell sprouts

Vitamins always, lots of water. Hoping for a walk with the dogs when the wind lets up a bit. Have a great day everyone, be kind to yourself. I am thankful for this board and all the love and support. This journey is hard at times, but so worth it!

Au_Contraire
on 11/29/19 11:34 am

Congratulations on a valiant battle fought and won! Life has thrown so many of us wild, un-dodgeable curve balls, all the worse when these happen when we are very young. I am proud of you!

Partlypollyanna
on 11/29/19 2:14 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Dealing with trauma and holidays...and the traumatic holidays is always hard. Good for you for eliminating/reducing contact so you can be happy and working on what you need to!

Jen

Maddymoe2
on 11/29/19 9:18 am
RNY on 11/22/16
Partlypollyanna
on 11/29/19 12:36 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great day!

JB, your trays are beautiful and also look delicious. I had 1.5 servings of holiday mashed potatoes, a bit of everything else except the rolls and a couple of slices of turkey and one of ham. The mashed potatoes were divine. Over the evening of game playing, I also split a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie with my niece and had a shot glass of eggnog. Back to normal eating now.

i left my sister's at 330 this morning and got home at 1215, it was an incredibly foggy and windy drive! Glad to be home.

qotd - yesterday I was very thankful no one had a meltdown when we realized 2.5 hours into the baking of the turkey that when I turned off the burners on my sister's stove, I also turned off the oven. Big oops! Everyone took the delay well and gave us more time to visit!

i am on my way to the grocery store now so that will determine the rest of my menu, but I had some left over turkey and ham, a think keto bar and a lot of coffee with half and half today!

heres a picture of sunset in my sisters yard, she has great sunrise and sunsets.

Jen