What's on your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Sheila_H
on 12/3/19 6:05 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Dang it...OH lost my post. Here we go again.

G'morning all,

Yay for snow days. I wish we had them here, with the amount of rain we had here the last couple of days, we had some flooding in the flats. Flats is an area near the beach with few stores and a big parking lot. It's almost like a bowl, everybody is on a cliff, when it rains all the rain goes down to the flats. I felt bad for the store owners because they had water all the way inside the store.

I'm usually not into conspiracy theories, but I wonder who comes up with these games on social media...first it was the aging game, now it's the 10 years difference. I wonder if some nefarious country or people are behind this and are just gathering data. I'm game for our little group but I don't wanna put this kind of info/pics out there on FB/IG.

QOTD: it depends on the shape of the present. If it's pretty basic I'll wrap, otherwise goes into a bag.

My meals yesterday:

• coffee, coffee, and more coffee with PP as creamer
  • 2 HB eggs + Tuna
  • Unplanned cashews & almonds
  • Turkey sausage + cauliflower rice

Have a great Tue, everybody.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Au_Contraire
on 12/3/19 5:51 pm, edited 12/3/19 12:05 pm

I'm not one for conspiracy theories either, but it's hardly a secret that our social media posts are analyzed, pigeon-holed, and monetized. We truly are their product. I don't give my permission for that, but that doesn't matter to these sites. Which is why I avoid social media!

Queen JB
on 12/3/19 6:12 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Scenes from a snowy day. Fez loves looking out the window!

View of the backyard.

View of the "street" out front of the house.

It's only 9am and Grim already wants to murder me. He has been out shoveling all morning, and he came in to find that I blew a fuse trying to steam iron my clothes (2nd day in a row).

I think he is going to find a way to throw me on a train and get me out of here in a minute...

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Dcgirl
on 12/3/19 6:41 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I would murder you too. It's a snow day, why are you ironing?! Hit the couch, sister!

PS those pics are gorgeous! I do love a fresh snowfall. Don't you, Grim? LOLOLOLOL!

Teenie
on 12/3/19 6:43 am, edited 12/2/19 11:01 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

My DH has a remote control truck he fixed a plow on and he stands in the garage and plows the driveway. It will clear up to a three inch snowfall so as soon as it gets up there he plows. Its funny anybody driving past stops and checks it out. Even the school buses stop so the kids can see.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Jannie7
on 12/3/19 7:56 am
VSG on 06/17/19

That is so cool!!

Sheila_H
on 12/3/19 12:43 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Your husband and mine should get together. I feel like they are long lost brothers. That's something that my husband would have done if we were living in the snow.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Au_Contraire
on 12/3/19 5:54 pm

How cute, and how clever!

Au_Contraire
on 12/3/19 5:52 pm

Thank you for posting such cozy, beautiful photos, JB! These really make me miss where I grew up.

Jannie7
on 12/3/19 6:12 am
VSG on 06/17/19

Morning everyone!! It's a sluggish day here for me too but I have absolutely no reason for it. It's not like I had a busy weekend or anything! I'm struggling with food and exercise a bit. I go to the little gym that we have here in our office building before work every morning and I was doing really well with run/walk intervals on the treadmill combined with weights. Then my back kept spasming on me and I truly think it's from the impact of the running so I've stopped that and switched to just walking along with doing some work on either the elliptical or bike. It just feels out of sorts though - maybe just because it's not the routine I was used to. I guess as long as I'm still going and moving it's better than nothing! Then I'm craving nothing but sugar and carbs! What is up with that? For 5 months since surgery I haven't had a desire for any of it and now all of a sudden.... I sure hope this goes away!!

Anyway enough of my whining! The weather here is beautiful for the beginning of December, during the day we are even getting to slightly above freezing. I love it!

Here's my food for today:

B: 85g of Skyr plain yogurt with some sugar free peach syrup, 1/4 cup of Saskatoon berries and 1 Tablespoon of chia seeds

S: Tea latte - 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk with decaf chai tea bag and sugar free cinnamon vanilla syrup

L: 3 ounces of sugar free teriyaki chicken, 2 tablespoons of cauliflower rice

S: if needed 2 wedges of light laughing cow cheese

D: 3 ounces of crack chicken

Here's to a great day of healthy choices!

Most Active
Recent Topics