What's on your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Partlypollyanna
on 2/20/20 6:15 am
RNY on 02/14/18

We spend years growing out the layers, only to put them back in....I am that way about bangs right now...and every time I think I need my bangs back to cover my five-head, i remind myself how much I hate growing them out.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 2/20/20 1:02 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Bangs are so evil--I actually think I look okay with them, but they grow out so quickly and since I can't get them trimmed every three days, it's not feasible. But sometimes it takes a lot of self-talk to remind myself!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 2/20/20 3:55 pm - Warren, OH

Take a piece of scotch tape and put it on the bottom of your bangs and then cut right through the tape and hair. You can trim the bangs with no mess. Just make the longer than you think they should be. It is easy to get them too short.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/20/20 4:54 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! It is really hot and humid here, though that is supposed to break tomorrow and it is supposed to be in the 40's Saturday morning.

Yesterday was a great beach day. Today is a home day as a floor tile repairman is coming (a few sound hollow when I walk on them).

QOTD: I have changed my hairstyle a few times over the years, but usually end up back at the hairstyle I have. My hair seems to like this length/style.

TSS: 3 years, 10.5 months

B: Coffee

L: Everroast chicken and laughing cow cheese

D: Fish of some sort (out to dinner I think)

S: strawberry compote with Greek yogurt, blueberry lemon pie

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Queen JB
on 2/20/20 7:50 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I love your short 'do! I haven't had mine that short since 7th grade. I think about going that short again, but I am not brave enough!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/20/20 8:25 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

And I wish mine would look okay longer, but I think my face looks round and my hair does weird wrinkly, curvy stuff. The tendency to curve is fine when it is short but not so good when longer.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Dcgirl
on 2/20/20 5:25 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Is it weird how much joy I derive from seeing so much Ever Roast chicken on the menu? LOL! I feel like I have left a lasting contribution on the world ;) My only complaint about my grocery delivery is that I request thin sliced but it's never thin enough. #firstworldproblem

JB, I am glad you're feeling a bit better...I am as well, now that I have my daily allergy and cold meds and nasal spray. I feel like on the one hand I am living better through modern medicine, and on the other hand, I don't really want to be a pill taker...

QOTD (you have the BEST): My hair is currently WAY too long, and my roots have a lot of gray because my hair dresser is on maternity leave. Thank god I have an appointment for early March so that my hair looks passable for a business trip to Utah and personal trips to Belgium and Italy. Gotta coordinate! I am too cheap to go get a root dye and highlights every six weeks, so after six weeks I use a box root kit but it never covers the grays fully. I have had gray roots since I was in my 20s, sadly. I should change my hair style but I always chicken out and leave it long.

B: Just had a hot coffee since I started my work day at 6:30 am, might have an iced coffee too. Two leftover AmyLu chicken sausage dipped in dijon mustard.

L: Tumaro veggie wrap with dijon mustard, 4 oz ever roast chicken, 1 slice muenster cheese

D: I am having Kris grill two Beyond Burgers and five turkey burgers. That will be dinner tonight and tomorrow night. No bun for me.

Not sure if I have time to go to Zumba tonight but I did two amazing classes this week and will plan to go Sat and Sun for boot camp and Zumba as well.

I am feeling pretty positive because I am working very hard to get my eating under control and start to chip away at the regain. Also, our new KING bed got delivered and we will set it up Saturday. My motto recently (as I lay squished between a man and a cat) is "king bed 2020!".

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/20/20 6:13 am, edited 2/20/20 1:25 am

Long term we need king size bed. I, Keith, 4 pillows each, 2 cats.

We are OK on a queen size when traveling, but double is too short for Keith.

In "an emergency" we managed on a futon (double) but after 4 days we felt squashed. But being together, staying with me at my work place ( i have there a small suite), in an industrial park business, was more important to Keith than more comfort. (We had to leave the house when our floors were sanded and refinished after water damage.) I had one cat, Emma with me at work, and I didn't feel I could leave her there by herself (over the weekend or at night). Other 2 cats were separated with family/friends, that couldn't accommodate all 3 and us. One friends could, but they live 45 min away from our work, plus we did not want to intrude on their life too much. They took care of Dewey. Until then we thought nobody could spoil him more than we did, and my friend proved us wrong.

(edited to correct mistakes, not that I make any...ever)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Dcgirl
on 2/20/20 6:36 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

You make a great point - I think I need to add to our pillow situation. I seriously cannot wait. Kris likes to be cuddled up together but I would prefer an arms length between us ha ha. So pray for me that the king bed helps and we don't just end up squished using 1/3 of the bed!

Most of my friends who have king beds swear by them and will never go back!

I am glad that Dewey found another loving human family, but extra glad he got to go back to you!

Partlypollyanna
on 2/20/20 6:16 am
RNY on 02/14/18

My mantra this year has been Giant Astroid 2020, so yours is much better!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen