What's on your (photo) Friday menu?

catwoman7
on 5/7/21 7:08 am, edited 5/7/21 12:12 am
RNY on 06/03/15

city chicken was popular in the Cleveland area as well. Or at least it was when we lived there in the 60s and 70s. We ate it fairly often. It's probably more a regional thing than local - although for all I know, it might have been popular even further afield. I'll google it and see if I can find anything.

(added after googling): yes - it's regional. I'm not sure I've ever seen it in Wisconsin - nor did I when I lived in North Carolina. But Ohio - for sure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_chicken

Teenie
on 5/7/21 7:46 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

No wonder I ended up fat. We would have it a few times a month for sure. And for some reason in the 60's and 70's pork and veal were very cheap so that is why we had it so often. My family never covered it in gravy but I know others did. Did you have it with or without the gravy?

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 5/7/21 7:50 am
RNY on 06/03/15

without. We just ate it right off the skewers!

White Dove
on 5/7/21 10:31 am - Warren, OH

In the 1970's city chicken was in the meat aisle in the Ohio grocery stores. It was cheap and easy and I served it several times a month. I never breaded it or used gravy. Just fried it like a pork chop and we ate it off the skewers.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 5/7/21 12:36 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Glad all is well!!!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Julia S.
on 5/7/21 9:44 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- No plans for the weekend. Still not much open around here and my Mom isn't very mobile so I don't think a brunch is in our future.

I have walked at least 2 miles all week and I'm hoping to make it an everyday thing. I feel so much better when I get out of here. And since I'm fully vaccinated no mask required outdoors. I've been trying to get into the gym, I want to swim in the worst way. But you have to sign up on an app and then call in if you get a time slot and reserve a lane in the pool. So far there have been no open slots all week, except mid day and I can't really do that. I'm looking into other alternatives so hoping for some pool time soon.

It is such a relief to not be afraid of people when I'm out walking. Not to have to rush and get my mask in place or get evil looks.

Work has been a pain, the program I use to create my drawings is Auto Cad based, and they do not have enough licenses for everyone, so I've been dumped out and unable to get back in. So frustrating.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

White Dove
on 5/7/21 10:37 am - Warren, OH

I went grocery shopping yesterday for the first time since March 2020. Not willingly but because the Walmart computer messed up my order and most of it did not come. It really takes a long time to shop in person and a lot of things are in completely different parts of the store. Everyone was wearing a mask that was on properly and people were keeping their distance. I might just shop once a week for the summer and then go back to delivery in winter. It is a way to get out of the house for a while.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 5/7/21 11:00 am, edited 5/7/21 4:04 am - Amarillo, TX

Everything went well. It was very funky. Will know more tomorrow after the follow up.

thanks for all the thoughts and prayers!