Gummies VSG?

califsleevin
on 7/6/22 7:47 am - CA

One of the things to be careful about when reading these forums (any internet forums, for that matter) is what the insurance industry refers to as "adverse selection" which is where the very nature of these forums "selects" negative responses. IOW (in other words) only those who have problems post about them; those who don't are silent, and occasionally we might see someone gush over "how wonderful" something is or that it's the greatest. So, something that might be a problem for, maybe, 5% of people will seem like it's a problem for everyone. Just take it as information to check out - if you experience, for instance, diarrhea for no apparent reason, then you can think back about what changed in your diet, and maybe it was that new product i've been trying, and oh, it has a bunch of sugar alcohols in it, that might be it (or it might be that you caught a stomach bug.)

Don't just write something off simply because somebody else has had a problem with it - check it out for yourself to see if you have that same sensitivity. If I did that, I would never eat anything, or take any medication! I have never had any problem with sugar alcohols, but then I tend to avoid going overboard on any one thing, preferring a variety of foods in my diet (better for nutrition as well as avoiding triggering some sensitivity.)

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

ipray
on 7/6/22 9:28 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Very true! I have been having ongoing issues for awhile now, so I have been trying to cut out everything to get it figured out. (I did have an appointment with a Gastrologist about 3 weeks ago, but had to cancel as my husband has been ill). I am going to make another appointment just to find out what the heck is going on so that I don't stop using something for the wrong reasons. Thank you so much for your reply!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 440 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 432 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 333 views