What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Julia S.
on 9/20/22 7:00 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- I would love to go sky diving, but have never found anyone who would go with me. At this point I'm not sure I would be willing to try it.

It's a good thing that we hadn't recycled all of the moving boxes because I'm using them for a temporary fence to keep the kittens out from under my desk. The real fence will be here tomorrow so I will be able to see them instead of having to get up and look over the boxes. According to my roommate they are 2 girls and a boy. I was trying to get them into my vet but the earliest appointment I could get was in the middle of November. I'm going to try another vet. I know that they have fleas and I don't want to treat them with Frontline as I don't think they weigh enough. The person answering the phone suggested a flea bath, not if I want to keep all of my extremities. Keeping them contained is working, we let them downstairs last night to play with them, laser pointers are so much fun but mostly they just keep themselves entertained. Play, play, play and then sleep and repeat. The little gray one is so funny she growls when she's playing.

It was warm enough to dry my clothes outside yesterday, so that made me happy. It will gradually start cooling, but is still supposed to be in the mid 80's today. The days are continuing to get shorter.

I get my hair done today, and then a Costco run, that's about it for the day.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

White Dove
on 9/20/22 7:52 am - Warren, OH

Flea shampoo if they are over 12 weeks. You can buy a mesh bathing bag and that will protect you from scratches.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Lisa91941
on 9/20/22 8:00 am, edited 9/20/22 1:15 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Another pretty day here today and I'm taking my stitches and myself out into it again. I was 100% successful with my food choices yesterday and no adult beverages were consumed. I'm really craving a glass of wine in the evenings, but so far have put the scale ahead of cravings. Fingers crossed for continued luck on that front. Speaking of fingers, I think I fried two of them yesterday while making OH convention accoutrements. Big blister on one, but glory be, it doesn't hurt!

Today I have chair yoga at 11 and plan to walk there, do my yoga class, walk over to meet my girlfriend for lunch and walk home. I also have a new workout outfit on, my hair looks reasonable and my face is a bit put together. Can't let those senior citizens make me look like a slacker again!

QoTD: Pretty much hard NO. I am pretty scared of heights. Thought I would die when I popped out the top of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. But many years ago, I got myself in a tight spot and had to follow through with a cave spelunking tour. It started with 175 foot free fall rappelling down to the base, then three hours of crawling, wiggling, shrugging, scootching through the caves. I will do the spelunking part a million times if I never have to rappel again.

Menu today

B: 3 oz smoked pork and 1/4 c cottage cheese (and the end of the smoked pork that hasn't already been frozen)

L: split chicken fajitas, no tortilla, beans

D: left over pot roast, potatoes, carrots and cheddar butter broiled tomato

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

lmfontana4
on 9/20/22 8:08 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I agree with the meme. The problem in my house is improper (usually laziness on the part of DD) closing of bags. We also purchase the same item over and over with still having some left in another bag. The other day I threw a way so much old expired food that was either half empty (think cereal, chips, popcorn, moldy bread) or not even opened. DH is a culprit of the full bags of food because he is going on some crazy diet. I must of tossed 7 full bags of frozen fruit that he was going to use in smoothies for his "diet" for weight loss because they were over a year expired and frost bitten. My compost bin got a good feeding. It is frustrating to say the least. I, of course, dont say anything because I want him to do the journey for health he wants to do because he is the one who has to maintain the process and outcomes, but he has a all or none mind-set, plus if he doesnt lose weight quickly, he is frustrated and stops. Oh, how I remember that rollercoaster, so glad to be off of it.

Just work today, then yoga workout. Tomorrow, DD and I have a Best of Broadway show to attend (Hairspray-I have never seen the movie or show), plus there is a work event before called Echos in which nurses tell their stories and experiences. It is meant to be inspiring, they are serving drinks and appetizers. I thought I would go since it is close to my house and I can attend before I need to go to Hairspray.

QOTD: Definitely, no bungee jumping or sky-diving for me. No desire to swim with sharks. I would say the most adventurous thing I would do is ziplining (have done). When we are in Mexico we will go ziplining and I will also rappel down a waterfall. I am very very leery of heights but do enjoy the ziplining. It is jus the first step off the platform that gives me pause. I have also gone 170 mph in a car (no, not on a race track either), which was very scary-not anxious to repeat on the interstate but maybe on a race track where the traffic is controlled.

Accountability: Popcorn....

B: triple zero greek yogurt with keto granola, blueberries, cold brew with half n half

L: summer salad with chicken, light poppy seed dressing

S: protein frosty

D: Asian chicken salad with light sesame ginger dressing

S: protein frosty

E: 60 min hot power yoga

Have a terrific taco Tuesday.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Mkess
on 9/20/22 9:13 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Tuesday,

Pain and complain seems to be my themes today. I couldn't sleep well and went back to bed at 6:30am for a few hours.

I checked out a new group yesterday called chicagoaf or for the kids 'Chicago As **** ' It was... Interesting and very positive. 12 women and only one gentleman and me. I'll give it another meet or two to check it out fully.

QOTD - I'd like to think I'm up for adrenaline pumping adventure but in reality that was more my style a couple decades ago.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine, blueberry muffin.

L: Chicken salad.

D: PP Shake.

S: Garrett's popcorn

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

White Dove
on 9/20/22 2:35 pm, edited 9/20/22 7:38 am - Warren, OH

In 2010 I did a jump with this team when I was visiting Venezuela. It was a tandem jump off a very high mountain and they kept you in the air for a thrilling hour. I saw baby eagles in their nest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=021xxs7Spis

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends