What's on your Tuesday Menu?

lmfontana4
on 2/7/23 7:56 am
RNY on 03/24/21

thanks for the information on how far your row each day. I had no idea it would take as long as running the same distance. I am impressed you can go that long on the rower. Whenever I have tried it I can't go very long. I bet having a screen with scenery passing is helpful in keeping your attention.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Teenie
on 2/7/23 1:49 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Where are you finding the RGF nuggets. I cannot find them anywhere.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 2/7/23 2:24 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

In my freezer! I do think they might be doing a refresh of their packaging/product line because it seems like I see different things on their website and at the stores. Currently I am hoping to find the General Tso's chicken that is on their website but I have not seen in the wild.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 2/7/23 5:06 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I have my weekly online Mah Jongg game this morning and class this afternoon. I've also got the usual to do list - exercise, read stuff for classes, do more reading in my book for my book discussion group, and watch the film for my film discussion group. Can't complain - I like doing all of that stuff!

yea accounting was my least favorite class in college. But since you're not going into it as a career, just aim to get your "B" or whatever you need to have it count. 87 is a decent grade.

QOTD: no. We moved during my junior year of high school (Ohio to North Carolina). All my classes at the new school were mostly made up of seniors because of differences in the curricula (that's not to say that Ohio schools were a year ahead of NC students (although maybe they were, I don't know), but most of the junior-level required or recommended classes at the new school I'd already taken as a sophomore). My senior year I ended up taking a couple of electives, was on the yearbook staff (which was a class period), and three lunch periods. So anyway, all my friends at the new school were in the class ahead of me (and some of them stayed in the area for college, so I still hung out with them when I was a high school senior). So I never went to my class reunions there because I knew hardly anyone in my class. And I didn't go to the reunions at my former high school, either - I knew almost all of those kids, but I didn't graduate from that school. We do have a Facebook group of about 10-15 people from my former (Ohio) high school, though. It's made of those of us who moved on from that town, went to college (and some of us graduate school), are mostly in professions, and are pretty like-minded when it comes to things like politics. A lot of our classmates seem to still be stuck back in that era and didn't really move on with their lives. We (the small group of us) sometimes joke that during our next class reunion, we should have our own little class reunion - rent an AirBnB house or something (although none of us live in the area anymore, and some of us would have to fly there - so I doubt it will actually happen). It's amazing we've all connected because most of us weren't friends in high school - but then, Facebook. We discovered we had similar interests and our lives have gone in similar directions, so one of us decided to make a FB group. It's been going for several years and it's been a lot of fun!

B: plain skyr with fruit, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: sandwich (35-calorie bread) with hummus, tomato, cucumber slices, and bell pepper slices

AS: protein muffin or protein bar (probably the latter - easier to eat in class)

D: pulled pork, salad

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Mkess
on 2/7/23 2:50 pm
VSG on 08/09/21

For mahjong, what would you suggest for a brand new beginner to learn the game? I don't have tiles or know anyone that plays anymore.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 235 Surgery: 8/9/21. 20lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Teenie
on 2/7/23 3:42 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I would try online I know you can play against a bot on POGO

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 2/7/23 5:33 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

they do have online Mah Jongg, but some of the ones I've seen are just matching games. That's not true Mah Jongg. So as long as you know what you're looking for...

catwoman7
on 2/7/23 5:35 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I took a couple of lessons at one of the senior centers, then I just started playing. It seemed complicated at first because there are so many rules, but you get the hang of it pretty quickly. Do you know anyone who plays? They may be able to get you started, too. Otherwise, I'll google your area and see if there are any places that offer free lessons...

catwoman7
on 2/7/23 5:54 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

looks like one of the branches of Chicago Public Library had Mah Jongg lessons at one time - maybe google some of the branches near you and see if any of them are offering lessons

https://chipublib.bibliocommons.com/events/61b24900bf4e02290 073fcb9

here's another library - plus Mah Jongg meet up groups:

https://theclare.com/mahjong-in-chicago/

sounds like there might be several meetup groups:

https://chicagoreader.com/city-life/mahjong-is-experiencing- a-renaissance-downtown/

not sure where you live, but there are some meetup groups out in the 'burbs, too:

https://www.meetup.com/topics/mahjong/us/il/arlington_height s/

there's actually quite a bit of Mah Jongg playing in Chicago! Again, not sure where you live, but just do some googling. Senior centers, libraries, some of these meetup groups. A lot of those will have free lessons. I saw there were some instructors advertising, but they probably charge. Libraries, senior centers, and meetup groups generally do not (charge)

Mkess
on 2/7/23 9:08 pm
VSG on 08/09/21

Very cool. Thanks for the resources!

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 235 Surgery: 8/9/21. 20lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 276 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 323 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 342 views