hi im new

BuckeyeGirl
on 5/18/11 10:59 am - TN
Welcome, Welcome!

Lindsey

Debber7714
on 5/18/11 11:15 am, edited 5/18/11 11:16 am
Hi Sonia!  My name is Debbie and I'm fairly new here also...learning my way around the past few weeks and reading all I can read on the sleeve experience.  I'm midway through all the pre-op stuff too; got my psych. eval., took gallons of blood from me, did my x-ray, met my surgeon, since 4-28, I've dropped 8 of the 10 pounds the NUT's recommending (nutritionist)...so I'm pretty happy and excited to be on track with everything. 

I go on the 27th for the endoscope, then to the dietitian, and hopefully she'll have good news for me that I've passed all their prerequisites, and they'll push my packet to the insurance company.  I'm praying for a June surgery, for both my husband AND I may be losing our jobs this summer....so concerned about losing the insurance aspect, also. 

Whew!  That was a long welcome, but welcome, nonetheless!  You'll learn lots of stuff here and everyone is so friendly and helpful.  Good luck with all your tests and evals!  Hope to be sleevin' with ya soon!!

HW=238 CW=194 SW=220 GW=125  Arrived in "One-derland" on 9/1/11! 
                    "What you choose is what you shall have...
                        what you allow is what shall continue."
stefie67
on 5/18/11 11:17 am - Sicklerville, NJ
welcome.  i originally went for lapband and my dr told me that he felt the sleeve would be a better surgery for me.  it was the best day in my life.  i'm sure i wouldn't have done as well with the lap.  i wish you all the luck.  ask away, many knowledgeable people on this site

meemhull
on 5/18/11 11:51 am - St Augustine, FL
Welcome to all you that are new to the board, dont be shy get involved and learn all you can to prepare yourself for a life changing experience. This is a great place to do it.

Mike
Follow me on you tubehttp://www.youtube.com/user/meemhull

HIghest weight 308 Apr 4th
Preop weight    292  Apr 20th
New_me2011
on 5/18/11 12:20 pm - NY
VSG on 02/14/12
 Hi, I have been a member for about three weeks, so i am pretty new also( I don't have a current picture and haven't uploaded any other image either, as you can see). This is a wonderful website, with so much information , and everyone so far has been very welcoming,knowledgeable,friendly  and supportive. Like you i was considering the band but my doctor recommended the sleeve. I have done the cardiology testing and sonogram so and am scheduled for my endo next week. I am a little nervous but more excited than anything. This is my first post but I am looking forward to being more active. Welcome, hope to see more of your posts, and good luck!!!!
lisa53406
on 5/18/11 12:24 pm - Racine, WI
Welcome! Sounds like everything is going to move along quickly for you. You are in the right place to ask questions as they come up!

HW: 399   SW: 380    CW: 305   GW: 150  
Caligirlgina
on 5/18/11 12:29 pm - CA
Welcome to OH.....definately jump on in. Everyone on here is very helpful. Gina
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views