Can I really do this

Linda B.
on 2/13/12 1:07 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
I have been having some of these thoughts as well, and I'm just starting my journey. But, I see DH's results and the results a former coworker has had, and I think, wow, I can really use this tool to get my health and stamina back. Any surgery can create the feeling of cold feet, but think of everything you have to gain from this chance for a new life. I know it is scarey, but yes, you can do it.
loser2be
on 2/13/12 1:12 pm - CA
VSG on 03/02/12
I think I can I think I can!

Jill

katier825
on 2/13/12 6:01 pm
"The first and most important step toward success is the feeling that we can succeed."

There are many people out here that have been very successful. No reason to think you can't be one of us! You CAN do it!
Phatchick
on 2/13/12 9:32 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
Jill, I agree with newme2011. Find something that will make you smile and feel instantly better everytime you start to think you cannot do something. I am a woman of faith so i think of my favorite bible verse. But you can think of other things if you want. I sometimes just think of my grandbaby's smile. I promise if you do this, you will begin to see amazing changes in your life.

I also have a girlfriend who is a life coach. She is amazing and gives me millions of little pointers to help me stay positive and focused. It takes practice at first. Positivity will change anyone's life 180 degrees. You can do this. You have all the tools to do this and be successful.  You will do great. Stay positive my dear. Blessings, Sharon

hwag5149
on 2/13/12 10:10 pm
I believe that everytime I've seen you post it's said something about not being sure and being scared, etc. I don't sugar coat **** so here is what I have to say: We've all had been scared and concerned but unless you're sure, don't do it. It took me 2 years of going back and forth to really know. I think if someone makes the decision too early they will struggle and/or not be successful. It's not as easy as getting your stomach cut out and everything is solved. You need to be prepared mentally and you need to be very sure that this is what you want. It's permanent and even those people who feel they want this 100%, have no apprehensions and prepare all you can prepare, still struggle, still have buyers remorse, and still have to deal with mental and emotional issues. Imagine not being 100% or even 80% sure of your decision? We all get jitters and cold feet, but I've just never seen you start any threads that aren't to the effect of this thread.

If you aren't sure of yourself, don't do it until you are.

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

MyOwnSunshine
on 2/13/12 11:43 pm
Agreed 100 times over!

After surgery, success is more of a mental challenge than a physical one. 

There is definitely a theme of insecurity that runs through all of your posts -- you seem to look to others to validate you and your choice.  Unfortunately, others can't do this for you.  You already know that WLS isn't a magic cure and there is a lot of work that goes into it.  Either you can do the work or you can't.  You really need to stop looking to others to validate your decision or determine your success.  I strongly agree that if you don't think you can do this, wait until you know that you can until you have surgery.  If you know that you can do this, be strong and do it. 
" I am not at all concerned with appearing to be consistent. In my pursuit after Truth I have discarded many ideas and learnt many new things."  Ghandi            
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views