WHEN did you start losing?

(deactivated member)
on 2/26/12 3:15 am
I weighed 12 pounds more leaving the hospital than I did entering. It took about a week to let go of all the fluiids and get back to my surgery day weight. Then I lost 23 pounds in the next three weeks.

I'm an everyday weigher because it keeps me accountable. I used to not weigh when I was in a binge or eating cycle so I wouldn't know how much I was gaining. So the morning weigh in developed as sort of an accountability factor in my new sleeved life. My surgeon supports this choice because of my head in the sand past when it came to my weight and eating habits.

However, I have learned - and it wasn't easy and still is hard on some days - that weight fluctuations are normal and I no longer freak out if I'm up a pound or two or even three. I know that it will be gone in a day or two and then some. Earlier this week I "gained" two pounds. EEEK! Got on the scale today and am lower than I have been in YEARS - so even with the fake gain, I lost two pounds this week.

I don't  actually believe I would recommend weighing everyday, but it does work for me and my personal plan.

kam0520
on 2/26/12 5:15 am - AL
Hubby and I had it the same day, he lost I think about 10lbs the first week, I lost zero.  But, I caught up the next!  Some people just take longer.  Hang in there.  We kind of have come to an agreement around here, you can weigh everyday if you must (it's just so hard to resist) but you only "count" the weekly weigh in (for us it's Sunday nights).  I still get frustrated, but it helps if I look at the big picture.  

Good luck!
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views