Brown Rice

Izabelle G.
on 12/29/12 9:05 am - Cheltenham, PA
VSG on 10/15/12

i had some whole wheat pasta after eating my protein and it did not taste too good.... and i had like 3 strands of linguine and was full 

I am walking 60 Miles in 3 Days to fight cancer! Donate today!!

http://www.the3day.org/goto/igomes

Surgery 10/15/12 - HW-263lbs GW-150lbs CW- 170.8

ruggie
on 12/29/12 10:51 am - Sacramento, CA

I'd advise to you avoid those foods until you hit your goal.

They're just going to displace protein, slide though your stomach faster, and spike your insulin levels (which promotes hunger and fat storage) and prevent you from losing as much faster.  

Just my advice.  Very surprised to hear a nut telling you it's ok to have those before maintenance so soon after surgery; you might want to consider working with another.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

MrOpera
on 8/16/15 8:13 pm - El Granada, CA

One NUT told everyone in our group, and in private that there should be and never will be rice.

i switched programs due to an issue with the surgeon.  New NUT has told me that brown rice is fine...in moderation as it is a good grain source.  

I thought about waiting until "maintenance" but I trust my care team and have learned that if I'm going to be successful I need to learn NOW how to moderate the carbs, sugar, etc.  Food is nourishment and not a reward.  So, when I'm at the correct healing stage for various foods the. It makes sense to add them in to be sure I am getting a balanced diet and not to let my mindset think that I am having a treat.  The surgery is just a tool for better choices.

Just my 2 cents...

Most Active