Had my first experience with....

shorty71
on 4/28/14 4:00 am - CT
VSG on 04/01/14 with

I am definitely  Thanks :)

vicki364
on 4/28/14 4:09 am

I also have a hard time with eggs.  I can eat a hard boiled egg ok sometimes but any other way and they do NOT agree with me at all.  I have not had a problem with tuna though.

Dcarver57
on 4/28/14 4:19 am - The Colony, TX
with

HI.  I'm a newbie pre-op.  what is the best diet when you are healing.  I need all the info I can get.

what are the foamies?

Thanks, Dcarver57

Phil M.
on 4/28/14 4:27 am - Los Angeles, CA
VSG on 12/20/13

I had similar experience with Sardines, bad deal. I gave up on eggs too because they make me nauseas.

"I don't know, only God knows where the story ends for me, but I know where the story begins." - Mary J. Blige

M1: -32 M2: -19 M3: -18 M4: -16 M5: -10

Dreamingofbeaches
on 4/28/14 7:27 am
with

I keep hearing about the "foamies" but not what it is.  It looks like from your description it is throwing up "foam"??  I am pre-op and trying to figure these things out and be prepared.  It sounds like eggs and tuna are a mixed bag and successful for some and not for others.  When it doesn't work, it is usually that if feels "stuck" in your throat or sleeve, or do you usually vomit it up?  I have had an issue for years where sometimes things get "stuck" in my esophagus going down and often come back up...it was scary at first.  Turns out it was undiagnosed acid reflux.  I'm wondering if it is the same "stuck" feeling when a food doesn't work well after being sleeved.

-Jen

Consult weight 4/7/14: 381.5   SW 7/1/14:

Newgirl32714
on 4/28/14 8:41 am

I just posted about this myself. I guess I should have read your post and responses first. Eggs beaters with reduced fat cheese came back up with a vengeance and now 9 hours later I'm still having challenges getting anything, including liquid, to go and stay down. I will lay off of the eggs for a while.

shorty71
on 4/28/14 9:04 am - CT
VSG on 04/01/14 with

I feel your pain!  Lol. Be careful with tuna as well. I'm ok with hard boiled egg mushed with mayo. Try that. Just eat half and wait and see before you eat the rest. One egg is 2 ounces

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views