Anyone 7 or 8 years post op... still succesful??

mlove
on 5/20/14 6:58 pm - Citrus Heights, CA

Hello... I rarely come and visit this site hardly anymore because of my very hectic schedule. Not because I don't want to help others... and tell my story.. but when I saw this post I had to respond. My name is Maria. I had my gastric bypass surgery in June of 2004. My Doctor was Dr. Waldrup here in Roseville, CA. When my journey started I weighted 292lbs.  

I am now proud to say that Iam currently 123lbs as of today.  I have kept the weight off since 2004 so as of next month it will be 10 years that when this journey all begin.

"I am a work in progress... inside and out.. "   Always learning and striving for excellence..

worldtraveler
on 5/20/14 8:23 pm - Denver, CO
On May 21, 2014 at 1:58 AM Pacific Time, mlove wrote:

Hello... I rarely come and visit this site hardly anymore because of my very hectic schedule. Not because I don't want to help others... and tell my story.. but when I saw this post I had to respond. My name is Maria. I had my gastric bypass surgery in June of 2004. My Doctor was Dr. Waldrup here in Roseville, CA. When my journey started I weighted 292lbs.  

I am now proud to say that Iam currently 123lbs as of today.  I have kept the weight off since 2004 so as of next month it will be 10 years that when this journey all begin.

"I am a work in progress... inside and out.. "   Always learning and striving for excellence..

Congratulations on your tremendous, sustained success! Any tips or advice? I'm less than a week away from surgery and want to make this work long-term.

Laura in Texas
on 5/20/14 10:16 pm

Congrats on your success, but the OP was asking for sleeve long-term success stories. Their needs are a little different than ours.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views